Trident Z RGB Everything about Trident Z RGB here

Old 07-02-2017, 04:18 PM

avioni is reading into overclocking

sadly it did not work for me. same exact issue as STe
Old 07-03-2017, 12:26 PM

BillB is reading into overclocking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste View Post
I wonder how many RMAs G Skill have had over this when installing the ASUS software would've worked all along. That's three of us but suspect there could be many more...

Dorneaz - can I suggest you start a new thread with your findings on please, as many people who are coming here looking for answers will not think to look at page 25 (or whatever!) of this thread.

Thank you!!

Actually, I do not think using Asus AURA would have worked all along. The problem was that G.Skill based their LED control on Asus Aura and Asus has a nasty habit of not using the proper interlocks to access the SMB buss which is how the LED control data is sent to the sticks. The lack of proper interlocks in Aura has been causing sensor monitoring program conflicts for years but Asus would not bother to implement an easy fix.

The version of AURA that is working is brand new and was just released. I think that when G.Skill decided to use Asus AURA and the SMB Bus for LED data, and non-interlocked access starting causing DIMM SPD Data corruption, G.Skill probably made a big enough stink with Asus (behind closed doors) and got them to finally FIX their crappy code. And now, with the NEW version of AURA, it appears to finally be working. It would not have worked all along. Asus needed to fix their crappy code, which I pointed out here months ago...

God luck to all who try this. I really hope this is the end of it. What I won't forget is how G.Skill totally refused to even discuss refunds. They got caught in the middle, but they are GUILTY of not doing anywhere near enough testing or this would have been resolved before the product was released. I don't think the G.Skill guys who post here make refund decisions. It happens higher up, so all they can do it make pretend theses posts demanding refunds do not exist.

The walk away (for me) is that G.Skill does a great job binning RAM and has pretty good tech support. But if there is a problem they can't fix, they are going to screw their customers before G.Skill eats it. That seems to be their business model. When backed against a wall, the powers that be at G.Skill decided to screw their customers and refuse to issue refunds for what was obviously defective product. Live and learn. You have been warned.... It's a shame because they really do have the highest performing RAM out there. Its GREAT until you have a problem.
Old 07-03-2017, 03:13 PM

Saturnus is getting the hang of things

Omg this is pathetic. Had beta 16 installed with all software and services disabled, LED's stayed 'red' as I wanted. I wondered what Asus Aura could do so decided to check it out. Didn't work. G.Skill software didn't work anymore after this. Uninstalled everything. Tried beta 22 and back to 16 again but color isn't saved to RAM anymore. Rainbow at every boot.
**Possible solution found: Set color, restart PC, enter BIOS, change a memory timing. This apparently writes the color to RAM.

Same as the sucking keyboard software.

Really how hard can it be to have decent software. I'm not even talking about 200 features. Just stable and working software...
I always felt G.Skill is the top of the line premium stuff, but after this...never going to buy G.Skill again. It's just paying more for getting more pain. I feel really sorry for you G.Skill.

Last edited by Saturnus; 07-03-2017 at 03:24 PM.
Old 07-03-2017, 10:46 PM

mickey123422 is reading into overclocking

spec ryzen1600x gigabyte ab350 gaming3
Old 07-10-2017, 01:59 PM

Neokolzia is reading into overclocking

Recently one of my Sticks in my x370 Gigabyte K7 has been acting up.

It started randomly freezing the last few nights, restart was the only way to fix it I did not have the Gskill RGB software installed.

I followed intstructions and decided to see if RGB software would fix it, seems like it may have, after uninstalling the Gigabyte software, but I'm not sure what I'm going to do because I need the RGB Fusion software to turn off the Motherboard LED's at night.

The GSkill RGB software however is only detecting the one stick, the one that was messing up, the other stick is 100% under the radar.

___

So I narrowed it down to lighting service.exe needing to run and use 1% CPU basically, when I would kill that task the one stick would freeze but this was with Gskill software uninstalled. It was more obvious with the software installed.

Last edited by Neokolzia; 07-11-2017 at 02:46 AM.
Old 07-13-2017, 02:26 AM

jaaben is reading into overclocking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorneaz View Post
Hey guys, remember me ? Yeah, the unfortunate dude who had his ram just go berserk a while ago. I sent these sticks back to the RMA center for exchange and got some after 24 excruciating days (shortage of product). While I was waiting, I bought some new sticks... I mean, did you really think I would wait ? Come on... (I was faithful so I got myself some G.SKILL ram again, the exact same specs to, and everything worked fine with the 1.00.22 beta soft) And it was perfect.

Today, I plug back my new ram, so I have 48 GB of ram now, go figure what I'll do with that BUT - Beware friends... because the events that will follow still fill me with dread and horror...
With more than 2 sticks at once (I say that because, until now everything worked like heaven), the G.SKILL RGB soft went nuts again and crashed 4 of my 6 sticks, on the spot. I guess you can pretty much imagine the reverse smile that was tearing my face apart... And you can almost taste my tears...

But you now what ? I'm a man, so I cried like a man and then I searched the internet with hope, like a man.
And I think I found a definitive fix, where I never should have.

I downloaded ASUS aura (you know, the soft from which G.SKILL inspired its own) and guess what, even though I have 0 ASUS hardware on my computer, the software launched and the ram sticks INSTANTLY worked and synced, without bug.
I mean... Holly molly WTF right ?

So, let's check if it was just dumb luck or if we can finally put this whole story behind us !

Uninstall everything G.SKILL has provided you with (and every ASUS related programs that come with the software installation, generally found in program files x86 as AsLed etc...), reboot your computer, install the ASUS soft and try to start it. It might fail at first, you might need to reboot everything to force its hand (I didn't have to, it went on automatically without reboot).

Use this link :

https://www.asus.com/uk/Motherboards...Desk_Download/

-select your OS
-select the utilities category
-download the second version : Aura Version 1.04.42

And for the love of god, please, tell me if it worked for you has well !

(Oh and because we're not holding grudges, wait for the release of the final G.SKILL version of the software, not a beta one, so they don't feel that bad about it...)
Very interesting. I'm going to try this procedure today. I sincerely hope it solves my problem too. You already have on the Asus website other versions of Aura. Is it better to download the latest?
Old 07-17-2017, 08:14 AM

evaldofilho.br is reading into overclocking

Hello, guys! Its me again. Everything worked great until last week. The memory bugs came back by itself. I searched a new solution but I realize the same process indicated by some: "clear the cmos". So I did that on BIOS again and everthing worked like a charm. I think the problem it's in the frequency, beacuse the only thing I did diferent was increase it. So you guys can try this and confirm? Thank you and good luck!

Update (19/08/17)
Recently I updated the bios(ASUS IX HERO) and now I can OC the ram and I have full control of the leds by the Asus Aura. No problems until now, going to the second week today. So far so good. 8)

Last edited by evaldofilho.br; 08-19-2017 at 03:16 PM. Reason: Have some news
Old 07-27-2017, 08:37 PM

metallicana is reading into overclocking
Default Corsair Utility Engine - may cause problems

TL;DR: Issues may be caused by Corsair Utility Engine. Reinstalling CUE may help.

With all the warnings of potential problems and conflicts with other RGB software, I felt I should post my experience with the Trident RGB. [My apologies if it's already been posted but I'm unable to get the search function to work for the forum or within a thread while logged on.]

Before installing the ram, I searched online to download the G.Skill RGB controller software. Reading that the software was in beta and all the warnings included, I proceeded to follow some of the instructions but ultimately failed doing any of it after some issues with updating the BIOS. Long story short, my BIOS was fine, and was eager just to see it working so I decided to bypass it all.

Before installation, here are my PC details [never in sleep mode]:

i7-6700k 4.4ghz [using built in MOBO boost]
NZXT Kraken x62 v2 AIO [w/CAM installed for RGB]
ASUS ROG STRIX OC GTX 1080 ti [w/ASUS GPU Tweak II AURA installed for RGB]
Z170A Krait Gaming 3X motherboard
32 GB Trident X RGB 3000 [4x8]
Corsair Keyboard/Mouse RGB peripherals [controlled by Corsair Utility Engine or CUE]

So as is, there's potential conflict installing the G.Skill RGB software from CAM and AURA according to the documentation.

I've had ZERO issues with this set up for the first 14 days. CAM, AURA, and G.Skill programs run, control, and retain individual settings without issue.

That is until a few days ago, I noticed the RAM was back to factory lighting. The G.Skill program would crash and fail at launch. CAM & AURA would function fine. I vaguely remember something updating on the PC and figured out it was CUE and decided to uninstall. The reasoning for this was that there was a known issue with CUE conflicting with Mass Effect Andromeda at launch and the fix was to reinstall at the time. Link below for further reading.
https://www.reddit.com/r/masseffect/...tility_engine/

I now have full RGB functionality, and was able to reinstall CUE again with no issues so far.

Cheers,
M.