Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TridentZ XMP profile not booting after RAM kit swap...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TridentZ XMP profile not booting after RAM kit swap...

Guys, I'm currently using a Asus z170 Pro Gaming mobo with a i7 6700k (OC to 4.6 @ 1.345v) and the normal G.Skill TridentZ 3200mhz DDR4 (F4-3200C16-8GTZ) 16gb kit, had the XMP profile running normally at 3200mhz, no problems!

But today I got my hands on a kit of TridentZ 3200mhz RGB (16-18-18 1.35v), and got around to test it...

So what I did was simply open my case, swapped the normal TridentZ (non-RGB) for the RGB model and turned the system on (it was off since yesterday), saw the lighting effects and so on, then turned the machine off and swapped the RAM back to my old kit again...

Since then, my old kit simply will NOT boot with the XMP profile enabled, tried punching the settings manually, and will simply not boot.

Stuff I did since then:

Updated my BIOS.
    Reverted to previous BIOS version.
    Swapped the sticks to different slots.
    Loaded BIOS defaults various times, rebooted, then tried turning on XMP again...
    Tried starting XMP without the CPU OC, then with...
    Loaded default BIOS settings, turned off PC, removed power cable, waited, turned on, enabled XMP profile, wont boot...

After all this, system will not boot no matter what if I enable XMP or punch in the settings manually, all this after the swap...

Then I swapped my kit for the RGB one and enabled XMP and it worked FINE, booted up and checked the speed, all fine, then I turned off, removed, swapped, tried with the old kit, wont boot!

Anyone have a solution for this problem? Driving me mad... Just remember it was woking FINE for months before I swapped the kits today.

I fixed the problem resetting the BIOS by removing the battery for a few minutes, then the XMP profile worked fine!

Mods may delete if they please!

Comment

Working...
    X