No announcement yet.

Post your issues with the Trident RGB Control software here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having problems with Trident Z RGB 2x16GB - lost all color in one stick.

I did a fresh installation of Win 11, noticed that during the install that RGB colors on several devices/board were static. Both 16GB sticks had random color patterns, didn't think anything of it as I'd get to the RGB software soon enough.

One of sticks is completely black, no color at all using the latest G.Skill software version. No other RGB software installed.
    ​​​​​​Tried shutting down PC, pulling power/pressing the on button a bunch of times before plugging in power and rebooting.
    Have no clue how to get this fixed?

What's the warranty on this stuff if purchased new from Amazon? Sad to read so many similar issues, issues you never look for until you're troubleshooting your own problems!

Comment

• Hey everyone I've been having an awful time getting my GSKILL Trident Z ram to SYNC in the software or connecting to any other "3rd party" program.
      Specs:
      MSI Pro Carbon WIFI X570 with the most up-to-date bios. (7B93v1G)

Things I've tried:
      I have tried reinstalling the GSKill software.
      Reseating the RAM
      Only using 2 sticks instead of 4
      Mystic light doesn't work
      Razer Chroma doesn't work either

I'm stuck. I have no clue where to go from here. Please help I don't like my PC to be ugly.

Comment

• Originally posted by RAMlightsbroke View Post
        Hey everyone I've been having an awful time getting my GSKILL Trident Z ram to SYNC in the software or connecting to any other "3rd party" program.
        Specs:
        MSI Pro Carbon WIFI X570 with the most up-to-date bios. (7B93v1G)

Things I've tried:
        I have tried reinstalling the GSKill software.
        Reseating the RAM
        Only using 2 sticks instead of 4
        Mystic light doesn't work
        Razer Chroma doesn't work either

I'm stuck. I have no clue where to go from here. Please help I don't like my PC to be ugly.
        Looks like you have installed or simultaneously installed multiple software at once. This may cause control issues, if multiple software is trying to gain access to the lighting on the memory modules. Have you tried uninstalling all RGB software (Trident Z Lighting Control & MSI Mystic Light) and then run the clean uninstall process? Make sure to restart after uninstalling, and after running the clean uninstall BAT file.

Also, have you installed the 2 memory modules in the recommended memory slots, as recommended by the motherboard manufacturer in the motherboard user guide? If the memory modules are installed in the wrong memory slots, it may also interfere with the detection of the memory lighting.

Comment

• Same here. Uninstalled then used the BAT uninstaller. Reinstalled, and Trident Lighting won't do anything. I don't have any other lighting software installed. I uninstalled Gigabyte Fusion. I've also noticed Gskill populating my task bar notification area with multiple icons, like 10. When I hover over them, they go away. Currently, there is no way to turn my RAM off or otherwise adjust it.

Comment

• Did you try this guide?

https://www.gskill.us/forum/forum/pr...ninstall-guide

What motherboard and CPU do you have? Are you using the latest BIOS for the motherboard?

Comment

• Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
              Did you try this guide?

https://www.gskill.us/forum/forum/pr...ninstall-guide

What motherboard and CPU do you have? Are you using the latest BIOS for the motherboard?
              I did follow that guide, yes.
              GIGABYTE B550I AORUS PRO AX
              AMD 3600
              BIOS F16d

I also uninstalled Fusion.

Comment

• Since the latest 22H2 windows 11 update my TridentZ Neo 16gb has been stuck on the default color setting of rotating the rainbow colors, the Trident software will not adjust the LED settings for it at all and I have tried all the usual stuff of uninstall and reinstall the software, tried other brands of LED control software to adjust the lighting and even re-seating the memory itself it was working fine before the update but after visiting the Microsoft tech forum it seems I’m not the only one. Since the update so far that came out 2 days ago 2 others have had the same issue, one with an asus motherboard and one with a gigabyte, I myself have an Aorus master z490 board, so it seems like it’s windows related causing the issue between the software not being able to adjust the color settings on the memory…

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghostimage0101 View Post
                  Since the latest 22H2 windows 11 update my TridentZ Neo 16gb has been stuck on the default color setting of rotating the rainbow colors, the Trident software will not adjust the LED settings for it at all and I have tried all the usual stuff of uninstall and reinstall the software, tried other brands of LED control software to adjust the lighting and even re-seating the memory itself it was working fine before the update but after visiting the Microsoft tech forum it seems I’m not the only one. Since the update so far that came out 2 days ago 2 others have had the same issue, one with an asus motherboard and one with a gigabyte, I myself have an Aorus master z490 board, so it seems like it’s windows related causing the issue between the software not being able to adjust the color settings on the memory…
                  It was working fine, and so was Fusion until I updated my main rig. It was down for about a month. Before I updated anything , since I was swapping everything into a new case, I plugged in all in to test it on my bench, and all of the lighting worked like it did before. After updating to 22h2, Zed!

When installed, Fusion still works, but the brightness level is completely out of calibration. When setting it to the lowest brightness setting, it's still about 50% on.

Comment

• Originally posted by dwd1961 View Post

It was working fine, and so was Fusion until I updated my main rig. It was down for about a month. Before I updated anything , since I was swapping everything into a new case, I plugged in all in to test it on my bench, and all of the lighting worked like it did before. After updating to 22h2, Zed!

When installed, Fusion still works, but the brightness level is completely out of calibration. When setting it to the lowest brightness setting, it's still about 50% on.
                    I had issues with Aorus Fusion also after the update to do with my LED on my 360 cpu cooler but lucky they had an update to fix the display just as the 22H2 update come out only thing is now my cpu displays the wrong type on it, this morning I also got a issue through windows security that my memory integrity is off so there is definitely an issue with the 22H2 update and communication with the memory…

Comment

• ok I looked around abit and my memory integrity was off being caused by ene.sys not loading, I believe due to its certificate expiring, I fixed it by getting it updated installing MSI Centre then mystic lighting app which updated the main system one for ene.sys and now that error has gone away, but I believe a similar driver is used to control the LED on the Trident memory since there is an install app for "ENE_DRAM_RGB_AIO" located in the Trident Z Lighting control/Aac directory so maybe its a similar issue for the certificate since the windows update, I hope one of the guys at G.Skill can confirm this and find a fix or update for it to fix the issue...

Comment

• Any word on an update that works?

Comment

• Originally posted by dwd1961 View Post
                          Any word on an update that works?
                          Nothing so far, maybe cos it’s the weekend there has been no updates on here or Microsoft support, guess we can only wait, have not seen anything anywhere on some sort of fix…

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghostimage0101 View Post

Nothing so far, maybe cos it’s the weekend there has been no updates on here or Microsoft support, guess we can only wait, have not seen anything anywhere on some sort of fix…
                            Yeah, getting pretty sick of full whatever pattern it is, and it's not the default pattern for some reason.

Comment

• Hey everyone with an ASUS board with this issue the latest ASUS Aura Sync version (1.07.84_V2) fixes the issue for ASUS boards it seems but not for other boards with this issue

Comment

• Update after fiddling with the Aura Sync software (Armoury crate) it finally detected the memory on my aorus board and I set the color to (Static) blue it took a restart to get it to set the color as just setting it different didnt work but now I finally have something different to the annoying rainbow colors it was using, still cant change it though by just setting a different color or using the Trident Software, really hope there is a proper fix soon so I can use the effect and stuff again...

Comment

Working...
                                X