Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Intel DX79SI - Configuration with Memory (F3-19200CL10Q2-64GBZHD) - Help, Please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel DX79SI - Configuration with Memory (F3-19200CL10Q2-64GBZHD) - Help, Please!

Recently got the Kit Memory 64gb (8x8gb) (Model F3-19200CL10Q2-64GBZHD), but I'm having trouble setting the correct frequency (2400MHz) for overclocking.

My 3930K processor is compatible with the 64gb memory kit, but is in error when configuring the memory to 2400MHz.

My Bios (64gb + 3930K):

Perfomance in selecting XMP-2400:

Configuration details:

Restart my computer and the error occurs:

Help, please!

Might take System Agent Voltage (VCCSA) to 1.2 - 1.24 and try raising Processor IO to to 1.15 intially

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

DX79si Error persists

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
      Might take System Agent Voltage (VCCSA) to 1.2 - 1.24 and try raising Processor IO to to 1.15 intially

Might take System Agent Voltage (VCCSA) to 1.2 - 1.24 = error persists.
      and try raising Processor IO to to 1.15 intially, but unsuccessfully

Errors related

Boot Device Selection (BDS) - E9 - Entering BIOS setup

Board Status LEDs

Thanks for your help, we will try if we can solve!
      Last edited by niltoncunha; 04-30-2013, 07:46 PM.

Comment

You might try at a lower freq, Intel isn't known for having a BIOS that will support any real amount of fast DRAM, don't remember any of their mobos doing any better than about 1600 with 64GB (in fact they seldom to never test any sets above 1600 (maybe a few at 1866 (small amounts - up to 16GB or so))...In order to run much of anything 1866 and above requires an OC and they just don't make the boards to OC....sort of like with their CPUs - the K models are unlocked, but if you encounter a problem and need an RMA ???? If you mention it was OCed - Boom! - goodbye warranty!

Think the Rampage IV eX is the only mobo GSkill, list as being compatible with this set though others have gotten it to work on a few of the other higher end mobos the settings I provided are in the area of what was needed to run them stably at 2400

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I will continue researching this problem, but who has more information to help me, thank you all for the help!

Comment

Could try PMing GSkill Tech

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
              Could try PMing GSkill Tech
              I consulted the G.Skill support from the beginning, the very GSkill informed me that this memory had reports of instability but was compatible with the motherboard Intel DX79SI.
              I bought the product and now I contacted the GSkill and informed me that it is not compatible.

See the response of GSkill:

Dear Customer,

We recommended 1600MHz or 1333MHz for your motherboard. The model you got is 2133MHz, which is only recommended on compatible motherboard listed on our website, not your motherboard.

Because the Intel motherboard does not support more than 1600MHz, please try the following settings:

1. Enable XMP to Profile 1
              2. Change “Memory multiplier:Speed” to “12:1600”

OR

1. Use the following settings (Do not use XMP if using this):
              DRAM Frequency = 1600MHz
              DRAM Voltage = 1.65v
              CL timing = 11-11-11-31
              Command Rate = 2

Thank you for contacting G.Skill Tech Support.

Best Regards
              Tech Support Team, F.A.E.

G.SKILL International Enterprise Co., Ltd.
              8F No. 69 DongXing Rd., Xinyi District
              Taipei City, 11070 Taiwan (R.O.C.)
              +886 2 2766-7889 #861
              http://www.gskill.us/forum/
              I was with the damage of $ 1200.00 in kit 64gb that was to run on 2400MHz and works on 1600mhz.

Comment

Compatible, but not at DDR3-2400. The motherboard can not support DDR3-2400, that is why it is not on our QML. Only motherboard on the list are guaranteed by G.Skill to reach the full specification.

Thank you
                GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
                X