Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does G.Skill Trident Z RGB work correctly for anyone ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does G.Skill Trident Z RGB work correctly for anyone ?

Title is self explanatory.

This is to include memory without software and with software.

When i first purchased mine, i was using an MSI z170 gaming M7.
    The modules worked in default mode, for about 2 weeks, then my mobo lost a memory bank.

This after it had been working perfectly since purchase 1.5 years and 2 different sets of memory.

Could not wait for an RMA, so i purchased a Gigabyte Z170x gaming7.
    memory worked in default mode.

Followed the instructions to not use it or any other lighting control software(Thermaltake,Gigabyte,CAM).

Installed the gigabye software, still worked in default mode.
    Same with Cam and Thermaltake.

Uninstalled all those software, cleaned registry.
    installed the G.Skill software, and rebooted.
    It worked until i turned off my pc.

Once restarted one module was dark, the other normal, but software only changed the working module.

Now my mobo is starting to develop mem problems with the slot the dark module is in.

Think i need to RMA the memory, and the mobo.

Just curious if anyone has had no problems at all with this memory.

I've had issues with both versions of the beta software and tried it with and without cam and gigabyte's rgb fusion and it has issues either way. Ram not detected, software won't open, sleep and turning off the computer also breaks it.

It's not even close to working properly so I eventually removed the software and use it in default mode. I can't see a future where this software works properly to be honest. If you're not happy in default mode you would be better returning it and buying faster non RGB ram for the same money.
    --------------------------------------------
    Aorus z270 Gaming 5 Bios: F7
    i7700k, GTX 1070, Samsung 961 256GB M.2
    16gb Trident RGB F4-3600C16D
    NZXT Cam 3.3.1, Gigabyte RGB Fusion B17.0124.1

Comment

Originally posted by fullerphoto View Post
      I've had issues with both versions of the beta software and tried it with and without cam and gigabyte's rgb fusion and it has issues either way. Ram not detected, software won't open, sleep and turning off the computer also breaks it.

It's not even close to working properly so I eventually removed the software and use it in default mode. I can't see a future where this software works properly to be honest. If you're not happy in default mode you would be better returning it and buying faster non RGB ram for the same money.
      I understand, Its sad, cause this is such nice looking memory... but i have one stick that stays dim.
      No matter what i have tried, everything listed in the forums to bring a dim one back has failed.
      Looks like i will RMA, then sell the Ram.. since i cant get a refund.
      Does Newegg refund for memory that is not whats advertised as ?

Comment

It just amazes me how G.Skill is (not) dealing with problem. Yes they rushed this product to market and obviously they did not do sufficient testing. Some manufacturers (like EVGA) did not even allow enabling SMB Buss writes in their BIOS so there was no way this product could work without a BIOS update. And G.Skill seems to have teamed with ASUS whose utilities have been wreaking SMB Buss havoc with other sensor monitoring utilities for years. Now they have quite the sticky problem on their hands.

Rather than own up and recall the product, they seem to be taking the Corsair approach to things. Burp out multiple iterations of poorly coded software that does not fix the problem and does not even uninstall cleanly, and expect customers to be Guinea pigs. . And they are refusing to refund the money to those caught in the middle with LED malfunctions or worse - corrupted SBD data and bricked DIMMs. I think eventually they will work out the issue but it is going to take a concerted effort by multiple companies.

In the mean time they should be doing everything they can to compensate innocent customers who had faith in the G.Skill name. Instead they are refusing to do the right thing and losing life long customers every day this continues. When someone doesn't want to play anymore, G.Skill should refund their money if requested.

Comment

Software absolutely will not open on my X99A MSI Gaming 7 motehrboard with latest bios, 5820k processor and windows 10pro 64-bit.

Comment

Working...
          X