Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KM780 MX keyboard ghost typing recording my keystrokes

G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780 MX GAMING KEYBOARD

Now I know this isn't a bad firmware it has been reported a lot lately, my M1 M2 M3 keys are recording every keystroke.

Like more of everything I am typing by the loads I want to know how to disable this I am not using the drivers for either my Gskill mouse or Keyboard because it went haywire once when I got it before a reinstall.

Now this thing is typing reports and what not this must stop tell me how to disable the macro's where is the memory located please?

I have always use Gskill for memory and moved on the new mouse and keyboard

I will not return this because it has my stored data and passwords on it to my business and else where

It would be nice because this is major privacy issue if I enter onto a form for submission it types my personal info and sends to that server it is recorded I know this.

But if this cannot be accessed and stopped I'm about to swap out but would prefer not too but I will if needed since EVGA has memory line and all now.

780MX, keyboard, keylogging, macros, auto typing, ghost typing, security issue, privacy issue
    MY RIG:
    "THOR's Hammer"
    http://www.modsrigs.com/detail.aspx?BuildID=35441

and it is setting here going insane while I wait
    MY RIG:
    "THOR's Hammer"
    http://www.modsrigs.com/detail.aspx?BuildID=35441

Comment

Hi OdinSon,

You might have enabled the on-the-fly macro recording on accident. Please go into the software and make sure that the macros are cleared in the "Macro" tab and from the keyboard.

If the firmware is corrupt, please follow the firmware reset method here: http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=14234

Please be assured that the keyboard or software does not record or keylog anything. Please also make sure that the software is downloaded directly from our website.

Comment

I am experiencing this same issue, as well as the left shift key is no longer responsive, and occasionally when I boot my pc up, or wake up from sleep mode, the entire keyboard is non-functional and needs to be unplugged and plugged back in. I'm going to try the newly recommended "firmware reset" but I want you to know I'm very disappointed with the current state of affairs considering that I thought I was buying a professionally produced product.

Comment

snipe4fun,

Kindly let us know your keyboard model (KM780 RGB or KM780 MX?), the current software/firmware version you have installed, and your motherboard model. For the detection issue, sometimes updating the motherboard BIOS to the latest version may help.

When keys are not responsive, or when keyboard is not detected on boot, there may be many causes. It might be bad firmware, accidental macro recording, or insufficient power from the USB port.

Please do check that both keyboard USB connectors (if it's the KM780 series) are inserted into a USB 2.0 or USB 3.0 port in the motherboard rear panel to ensure enough power is being supplied to the keyboard. Please also check if flipping the switch to "S" next to the passthrough port helps with the detection on boot.

Also, for the unresponsive keys, please make sure that the firmware and software are the latest version, and that you have tried resetting the keyboard settings from the software (go to the wrench icon on the top right and click to reset all settings to defaults). If this doesn't work, then a firmware reset may help.

Comment

That sounds interesting! Thnx for sharing your feedback.

Comment

Working...
            X