Sub-timings on AUTO?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sub-timings on AUTO?

Hey guys, I have DDR3 2X4GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHz CL9 RAM modules. I have to make it 16GB and DDR3-2133 or DDR3-2400.

So my options are to buy 2x8GB DDR3-2400MHz CL11 modules or add 2x4GB another Sniper modules to my setup which would be 4x4GB, and overclock them all. Now the latter is the cheapest one but I know 3570K doesnt have the best IMC. So 4x4 orientation will stress out IMC and overclocking will only do worse. Therefore, I need some opinion if that's true.

My system is; GIGABYTE Z77-D3H + 3570K 4.2GHz CPU.

I do not like to leave voltage setting on AUTO at all, I'm aware what I'm doing at those part. And I will not leave sub-timings (secondary timings) at AUTO too because BIOSs are stupid enough to give wrong values that result in instability or boot errors.

Can anyone here provide me a full list of timings for these two Sniper modelus? Because I'm most probably buy either one of them.

1) DDR3 2400MHz 2x4GB Sniper CL11 (F3-2400C11D-8GSR)
    2) DDR3 1866MHz 2x4 Sniper (F3-14900CL9D-8GBSR)

Thank you!

If you plan to OC, you need a new kit.

With the latest BIOS, just enable XMP to run at full speed. Or with a program like memtweakit, AIDA64, you can view full timings.

Comment

Can you provide me the list please? As I said, I may not get the 2400MHz version. Therefore I may end up with 2x4GB 1600MHz + 2x4GB 1866MHz = 4x4GB OC to 2400MHz.

Is it doable? What are my chances?

Comment

You need to try basic settings first to see if it can work at all. Start from 1600 then work your way up. Full timings will not help, it will only confuse you and cause more issues.

I doubt you can reach 2400 with those kits.

Comment

So leaving secondary timings on AUTO is fine? I doubt that.

Well, at least 2133MHz, I hope.

Comment

Post the detected values and I can confirm they are correct.

Comment

Will do, when I get back home.

Comment

Working...
              X