Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z87-OC Force
    Bios F10b
    DRAM:
    http://www.gskill.com/en/product/f3-2400c11d-8gxm
    CPU:
    i5 4690k box
    Power supply:
    650W

It doesnt want to boot with xmp profile 2400 MGhz. It doesnt want to boot with any memory changes. Tried to do it manually, got boot loop.

Help please.

Try one stick at a time to see if it can work.

Comment

Nope. Tried. Useless. At 2-nd, 1-st slot, doesnt matter. I'm about to bring it to service center, but I hope to solve problem.

I tried a lot of things. In any case I got 1 of 2 things after enable xmp/setting timings and dram voltage manually:

a) bootloop (reset cmos helps)
      b) triple start (or idk how to call it right)

Sometimes it's turning on with all fans on max, turning off and it repeats till reset cmos.

In 2-nd case system offers to load defaults or enter bios.
      I can change dram voltage but cannot change freq or timings because system doesnt want to work.

Plus I have freakin mobo or bios because I cant find there way to change VCCIO ( but it shows on monitoring panel (1.000) ), APU-NB.

Help please.

I got such option in Bios, tried to set manually:
      VRIN Override: 2.0v
      VCore: 1.25v
      Ring Voltage: Auto
      System Agent: +0.3
      CPU IO Analog: +0.15
      CPU IO Digital: +0.15
      PCH Voltage: Auto
      PCH IO Voltage: 1.05v
      DRAM Voltage: 1.65v

Doesnt work, boot failrue detected etc.
      Last edited by Street; 08-04-2015, 01:34 AM.

Comment

Going to service center.

Comment

Same here. I just bought a pair of these and when I try to mess with anything whatsoever, my pc won't boot. I tried several things, I even underclocked them, but nothing changed. (Ok, I have no experience with underclocking, why would I? Just lowered base clock, maybe it's worth mentioning)

So, I have another pair of the exact dimms, different batch though, December 2013. They run excelent. I overclocked them at 190x12 and used them to run memory intensive applications; great performance, no stability issues at all. They still perform that way. My pc is exactly the same as then, except that I paired my SSD with another one on RAID0. BIOS is the same version too (the latest one). MoBo is Gigabyte p55-ud4.

So here is the deal: when I try to overclock the system only with the old DIMMs on, everything is fine. When I try with all four DIMMs, it won't boot. It just goes on a boot loop 3 times, just as the guy above described, and the third time it boots with the default settings. The same goes with only the new pair of DIMMs attached. The strange thing is that, when I overclock the system with just the old pair on and let it boot, I then shut it down, take the old DIMMs out and swap them with the new and then it boots! It goes on a boot loop again, but at the third time it just boots with my custom settings, I even run benchmarks and everything is fine! Then I restart the pc, boot loop again, auto reset to factory settings etc.

So, is there anything I can do, or I just have to return them?
          Attached Files

Comment

I am not 100% sure, but from your picture it looks like one of your two kits is single sided while the other one is double sided. If that is indeed the case, it is not unexpected that you could run into stability issues with both installed (not only because the single sided kit probably needs different secondary timings than the double sided one).
            Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

What do you mean by saying single and double sided?

Yes, I also thought that maybe the new kit needs different timings, although both of them are supposed to be the same. The problem isn't that though, it is that the new kit won't boot at all when I change bios settings, whether it is just on its own, or paired with the old one.

Comment

Just as i said. In the picture it looks like you new kit does only have ICs on one side of the modules = is single sided. If that is the indeed the case, then it would be using different higher density ICs and that might also be related or the reason for your boot issues (compatibility).
                Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

I got my money back. Both memory modules was defective.

Comment

Working...
                  X