G.Skill Sniper Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G.Skill Sniper Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory

I have just recently bought the ASRock FM2A85X Extreme 4 ATX motherboard and I was planning on installing the G.Skill Sniper Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory into the system which I already purchased, before looking at the Memory support List for the motherboard. Now on the list the only 1866Mhz memory is listed for AMD - AP38G1861U2K, everything else is not my choice of 1800Mhz or 1600Mhz which is below what I want. I NEED to know if the G.Skill F3-14900CL9D-8GBSR ram will work with this motherboard. I know the 2133 & 2400Mhz will work with it but will the 1866Mhz work????

The build I'm trying to make is the AMD APU A10-5800K Trinity,the FM2A85X Extreme 4, G.Skill Sniper-1866 I want 16GB but have 8GB, Seagate Momentus XT750 Hybrid SSHD,2TB Seagate Barracuda, Corsair GS600 PSU, AZZA Genesis 9000 full tower,Blu-ray Writer LG-BH14NS40, and an LG Multi-Writer, ASUS Radeon HD 6670 graphics card.

The sticks will work, but from the sounds of the post it looks like you want to mix them wih what you have or or planning to get two sets of the 8GB set, which is not advisable, any time you mix sets, even of the same exact model it can be problematic. Best bet is a single set of the amount you want, and in particular w/ AMD CPUs it's preferable if it is a 2 stick set, AMD's aren' particularly known for strong MCs, most of the design centers towards 1 stick per channel (2 sticks total)

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

G.Skill Sniper Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory

No! Sorry I gave you the impression that I wanted two different types of memory! I just wanted to verify that the G.Skill Sniper Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory will work on my system so that I can get another 8GBs of the same memory-Totaling 16GBs. But I thank you for your assistance and verification.

Comment

Yes, then they will work, but if thinking 16GB at some point, would be better going 2x8GB now....adding a 2nd set of the same sticks can be problematic

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X