No announcement yet.

StormChaser's Build (named SpeedDemon)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• StormChaser's Build (named SpeedDemon)

Asus M5A99X EVO Motherboard

AMD FX 8120 8-Core Processor

NVIDIA GeForce 610 Video Card

GSkill Ripjaws 16GB (4x4GB) RAM

128GB SSD (Operating System)

500GB Internal HDD (Extra Storage)

2TB Internal HDD (Extra Storage)

1100watt PSU
    NZXT Phantom PHAN-001WT White Steel / Plastic Enthusiast ATX Full Tower Computer Case

Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z Motherboard

AMD FX 8350 8-core Processor @ 4.0Ghz

16GB RAM

1100watt PSU

2 x XFX R9270X Radeon Graphics Card (Crossfired)

Any pictures, benchmarks, or something?? Or are you still in the building process?

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
      Any pictures, benchmarks, or something?? Or are you still in the building process?

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

I'll try to have pictures soon. I'm waiting on some money to come in so i can order me a better computer case. The one i have is ok, but the "side" USB Ports have come loose from the case, and i can't fix it. . . I'm also thinking about upgrading my processor to the AMD FX 8150 4.00Ghz.

I'm looking at this case

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NZXT-Phantom...-/280767162271
      Last edited by StormChaser83; 05-13-2013, 03:21 PM.
      NZXT Phantom PHAN-001WT White Steel / Plastic Enthusiast ATX Full Tower Computer Case

16GB RAM

1100watt PSU

Comment

That's a very nice case! Very sleek and very functional for a high performance computer.

Why do you want to upgrade CPU? The 8120 is very good, you should do some OC and it will perform just as good without having to spend extra money.

Keep us posted ! Seems like a very fun build!

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
          That's a very nice case! Very sleek and very functional for a high performance computer.

Why do you want to upgrade CPU? The 8120 is very good, you should do some OC and it will perform just as good without having to spend extra money.

Keep us posted ! Seems like a very fun build!

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Overclocking scares me, because I do not have any experience whatsoever with it. I have a "UEFI" BIOS with my motherboard. I like that alot. So easy to maneuver. If i could overclock my processor from 3.10Ghz (default) to about 4.00, maybe to 4.5, i'd be happy. I also am running the Ultra / ChillTec / Socket 939/775/AM2 / Thermal Electric CPU Cooler. It may not be that exact one but i have one like it. It works awesome, too.

16GB RAM

1100watt PSU

Comment

There is a wide margin for error, so as long as you do not do anything ridiculous like using 2.50V for CPU VCore, everything should be fine. Do some reading, read some people's settings and results, then you can attempt on your own. Once you get the hang of it, it will be fun.

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH

Comment

Originally posted by StormChaser83 View Post
              Overclocking scares me, because I do not have any experience whatsoever with it. I have a "UEFI" BIOS with my motherboard. I like that alot. So easy to maneuver. If i could overclock my processor from 3.10Ghz (default) to about 4.00, maybe to 4.5, i'd be happy. I also am running the Ultra / ChillTec / Socket 939/775/AM2 / Thermal Electric CPU Cooler. It may not be that exact one but i have one like it. It works awesome, too.

I'm not sure which one of these cases is the best

http://www.ebay.com/itm/380608279856...84.m1423.l2649

http://www.ebay.com/itm/280767162271...84.m1423.l2649

http://www.ebay.com/itm/280758139278...84.m1423.l2649

I'm also looking at the Asus SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 Motherboard.

16GB RAM

1100watt PSU

Comment

With those 3 cases, it's really just a preference of color, the specs should be identical otherwise

Comment

Working...
                X