Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RGB Lighting Sequence

Hi all,
    I am having problems with my Trident Z Rgb. I currently have 4 x 8gb in my motherboard. Using the Aura Software from Asus, some effects like Flash and Dash doesn't look right. The light goes from Dimm#1 to Dimm#3 and then #2 and #4 . Have anyone encountered problem like this before and have had it fixed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

My Specs :
    Ryzen 7 1800x
    Crosshair VI Hero X370
    G skill Trident Z RGB @3200Mhz 4 x 8gb
    Asus Strix 1070 OC

What BIOS version are you using?

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
      What BIOS version are you using?
      The lastest one , 1501

Comment

Reset modules to default then try again.

Are you using the latest Aura software?

Comment

Yes I am. I even replaced all of them with brand new ones. Nothing changed.

Comment

Originally posted by Ktqnguyen View Post
            Hi all,
            I am having problems with my Trident Z Rgb. I currently have 4 x 8gb in my motherboard. Using the Aura Software from Asus, some effects like Flash and Dash doesn't look right. The light goes from Dimm#1 to Dimm#3 and then #2 and #4 . Have anyone encountered problem like this before and have had it fixed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

My Specs :
            Ryzen 7 1800x
            Crosshair VI Hero X370
            G skill Trident Z RGB @3200Mhz 4 x 8gb
            Asus Strix 1070 OC
            That is what it's supposed to do. At least, on 8 boards I have tested this is what it has done since day one.

https://youtu.be/l-CSNWrih9k

Comment

Originally posted by Whiskey-Foxtrot View Post
              That is what it's supposed to do. At least, on 8 boards I have tested this is what it has done since day one.

https://youtu.be/l-CSNWrih9k
              Thanks for the info. The lighting effects on some videos I've seen only go from left to right. I thought that is what it's supposed to do. Or am I missing something?

Comment

Originally posted by Ktqnguyen View Post
                Thanks for the info. The lighting effects on some videos I've seen only go from left to right. I thought that is what it's supposed to do. Or am I missing something?
                Unless I've missed something since the G.Skill RGB Controller software or Asus Aura were launched, I've always seen it go from A1 to B1 then A2 to B2. I actually liked the options with the G.Skill software better, but I haven't played around with it since v16.

I decided to see what other people have posted and found this: https://youtu.be/I5xvtxo2eMs?t=2m59s It does indeed show it on his going from A1 -> A2 -> B1 -> B2 ...

I don't see an option in the software to change this order. Now I'm curious if bankgroupswap (or other BIOS based settings) have an effect on this order.

Comment

Originally posted by Whiskey-Foxtrot View Post
                  Unless I've missed something since the G.Skill RGB Controller software or Asus Aura were launched, I've always seen it go from A1 to B1 then A2 to B2. I actually liked the options with the G.Skill software better, but I haven't played around with it since v16.

I decided to see what other people have posted and found this: https://youtu.be/I5xvtxo2eMs?t=2m59s It does indeed show it on his going from A1 -> A2 -> B1 -> B2 ...

I don't see an option in the software to change this order. Now I'm curious if bankgroupswap (or other BIOS based settings) have an effect on this order.
                  If you happen to figure that out, please let me now. Apparently it only happens on Ryzen motherboards.

EDIT: I palyed around with the Aura software just now. The software register DIMM#3 as DIMM#2!!
                  As you can see below on the software screen, my A2 is supposed to be GREEN, B1 is supposed to be RED, but on the Memorys themselves, A2 is RED and B1 is GREEN. I don't know whose fault is this, the Software or the motherboard itself
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Ktqnguyen; 08-28-2017, 04:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X