ETA on the next revision?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ETA on the next revision?

Can you guys put an ETA on when the next software revision will be available?
    Gigabyte Z270 Gaiming 7 (GA-Z270X Gaiming 7) BIOS F4
    Intel i5 7600k
    Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 G1 (GV-N1070G1 GAIMING-8GD)
    4x G.Skill Trident Z RGB (DDR4 2400 - PC4 19200)
    1TB Samsung 960 EVO
    Win10 Home 64bit

With the amount of bug reports cropping up this week, we've heard there's quite a bit of loading on debugging issues. If everything goes well, we should expect a new version next week.

Also, glad to hear you've got all four modules back.

Comment

Any news here?
      - Intel i7-7700k @ 4.80GHz
      - MSI Z270 Gaming Pro Carbon
      - 32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 3200 CL16
      - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 Gaming G1
      - Sound Blaster Z
      - Thermaltake View 31 TG RGB
      - Thermaltake Toughpower Grand RGB 650W 80Plus Gold

Comment

Originally posted by Schredder View Post
        Any news here?
        Also looking for an update..haven't had any other support responses with things to try and fix my dim RAM or even acknowledging me for that matter, hoping this update fixes it.

Comment

Any news yet on the update coming out!!! its been more than a week, my Drams are not lighting up at all. i tried everything even a fresh windows install and test them in different MOBO nothing works.

- Intel i7-7700k @ 4.90GHz
          - MSI Z270 Gaming M7
          - 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 3600 CL16
          - MSI GTX 1070 Gaming Z
          - NXZT HUE+ RGB Fans
          - Deepcool Capitan 120
          - Corsair CM 750W 80Plus Gold
          - Intel i7-7700k @ 4.90GHz
          - MSI Z270 Gaming M7
          - 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 3600 CL16
          - MSI GTX 1070 Gaming Z
          - NXZT HUE+ RGB Fans
          - Deepcool Capitan 120
          - Corsair CM 750W 80Plus Gold

Comment

It's in the publishing process. Check back within the next 24 hours!

Comment

Glad to see it, but it hasn't helped

Just got it setup on the wife's PC, and my LED's still have not lit correctly.

After reinstalling the new software, it took a lil bit to get it to launch, throwing the usual errors.

The new AsLedService is acting the exact same way the AsusAuraService was. Not recognizing my sticks at first, then crashing a few times, until it will launch correctly.

Now that it's installed and working, Only one of my sticks is responding, just like before.. Guess it's time for a RMA

I believe my 30 days from Newegg are up, so I'll be sending it back to G.Skill. You guys should really take my stick and work with it. If you can get it to light back up, you'd prob solve most the issues here.

Would also like to say that, I didn't have as many problems getting it to run on my machine, as I did my wife's. But, what happen to the effects? Before my sticks would change colors independently, Now they are both changing in sync. The color cycle used to "flow" between the 2 sticks. But now they match, personally I liked it much better b4.
              Last edited by n2nshadow; 03-28-2017, 03:10 AM.

Comment

Try restarting the service, open the software, let it error once, and open the software a second time. It might need a service reset.

> (Windows 10) Open Task Manager and go to the "Services" tab. Find "AsLedService", right click on the service, and choose to "Restart". Double click on the "Trident Z RGB beta" desktop shortcut (or open the software from the Start Menu) and wait. The software will run in the background for about 1-2 minutes. Be patient. An error will pop up. This is normal. After the error, open the software again via the desktop shortcut or start menu, and the software should open properly with all LED lighting restored.
                > (Windows 7) Open "Run..." dialog and type in "services.msc". In the services list, find "AsLedService", right click on the service, and choose to "Restart". Double click on the "Trident Z RGB beta" desktop shortcut (or open the software from the Start Menu) and wait. The software will run in the background for about 1-2 minutes. Be patient. An error will pop up. This is normal. After the error, open the software again via the desktop shortcut or start menu, and the software should open properly with all LED lighting restored.

If you're only using two modules, try installing the modules in the other two slots.

We'll definitely be gathering the RMA sticks and do further investigation on what happened to the stuck lighting. Thanks for the feedback.
                Last edited by G.SKILL; 03-28-2017, 03:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by G.SKILL View Post
                  Try restarting the service, open the software, let it error once, and open the software a second time. It might need a service reset.

> (Windows 10) Open Task Manager and go to the "Services" tab. Find "AsLedService", right click on the service, and choose to "Restart". Double click on the "Trident Z RGB beta" desktop shortcut (or open the software from the Start Menu) and wait. The software will run in the background for about 1-2 minutes. Be patient. An error will pop up. This is normal. After the error, open the software again via the desktop shortcut or start menu, and the software should open properly with all LED lighting restored.
                  > (Windows 7) Open "Run..." dialog and type in "services.msc". In the services list, find "AsLedService", right click on the service, and choose to "Restart". Double click on the "Trident Z RGB beta" desktop shortcut (or open the software from the Start Menu) and wait. The software will run in the background for about 1-2 minutes. Be patient. An error will pop up. This is normal. After the error, open the software again via the desktop shortcut or start menu, and the software should open properly with all LED lighting restored.

If you're only using two modules, try installing the modules in the other two slots.

We'll definitely be gathering the RMA sticks and do further investigation on what happened to the stuck lighting. Thanks for the feedback.

Tried this with the windows 10 bit, software errors out and won't open. I don't suppose ya'll will send me new RAM first so my computer isn't useless while I wait on the RMA? A girl can dream.

Edit:: Program finally opened but 1 outa 2 RAM still dim

Edit #2::: Wait for it....after messing with it again now I'm back to both sticks being dim!
                  Last edited by MeiBee; 03-28-2017, 06:40 AM.

Comment

So when is the next next software update expected?

Comment

Originally posted by MeiBee View Post
                      Tried this with the windows 10 bit, software errors out and won't open. I don't suppose ya'll will send me new RAM first so my computer isn't useless while I wait on the RMA? A girl can dream.

Edit:: Program finally opened but 1 outa 2 RAM still dim

Edit #2::: Wait for it....after messing with it again now I'm back to both sticks being dim!
                      I had a dim ram (more like not lighting up at all no matter what slot i placed it in) and after a uninstall using CCleaner>restart>install Gskill software>restart, it "woke" up and the issue was gone. Might wanna try this if you haven't already.

Comment

How about a next update ETA, with better X99 support

How about a next update ETA, with better X99 support ?! And maybe something to repair all those ram dim stuck, ram light dead, ram light uncontrollable ?!?!? I am using X99 Rampage V Edition 10 and yesterday I was talking with Asus support (it seems if you buy all theyr expensive hardware and register to theyr site you are a VIP member and they respond VERRY FAST), about a bios update and an aura implementation. But now I come to you and ask if you can provide an ETA about the next update something non-beta maybe !? . I have 64 GB of 3600 MHz . As a point of my wxperience use ... this software 1.00.16 is not usable for me because I use aura to control mb and videocards so, no gskill control until you resolve your software issues because it was a time when I unninstaled everything about aura and installed g.skill to control ram but after few days it was stucking, dimming, dying and soo on . So I renounced for the time be... But sill I hope. And if you can implement in software control independent DIRECTION OF LIGHT because I have 8 slots on X99 and I had a non pleasant surprise when I put the ram in different effet modes and 4 stick having directions down and 4 going up (this is absolutely normal because on the X99 motherboards 4 sticks from left position is opposite like the right one, the left ones are upside and right is downside), but I wanted all 8 stick to light from up to down so if you can do this it will be greatly appreciated. I LOVE YOU GUYS because you really are offering good support and you answer at our problems. In next future I want to have 128GB of RGB RAM but I wait for a good software to change all ram ... and waiting for bigger RAM STICKS, I haven't found them to sale X16 GB/stick... GOOD JOB.

The real question at the end of this small talk... :

Can you provide an ETA for the next software release !? 10x GL GJ !
                        Attached Files

Comment

The next software version is still currently under development this week. We'll see if we can find out more about the status on the development process and get back to you guys in the next week.

We've also already put in a request for directional change option in the software, but I believe the software priority is still on bugs and improve compatibility over new features.

Thank you for the feedback, we really do appreciate it when we hear back from our users.

Comment

How about a next update ETA, with better X99 support

Soo ?! any news about the next ETA !? 10x

Comment

Friday, maybe?
                              Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Working...
                              X