No announcement yet.

Parted Magic ,Save your low performance SSD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"It can effectively restore "Phoenix" performance.
    before we release our toolbox, it is useful.
    please let me show you how to use it."

This is in the top of the OP. my question is Where is the toolbox?
    is it never going to be released?
    sad part is i like the gskill drive and have had it for about a year now yet i dropped intel who has a toolbox and ocz who has a toolbox, when is g.skill going to get their act together and provide us with a toolbox?

Comment

hi pgmoney

i will taking your advise to the G.SKILL headquarter, and sorry for the inconvenience.

Comment

Gparted

This tool is the best way to secure erase your GSkill Phoenix Pro, I have one, make sure your computer is set to ACHI in the BIOS. This is very important. After this just make the Gparted CD or USB stick, and boot from it. When the GUI comes up, it only takes 2 seconds to secure erase the SSD back to factory specs. Its really easy dont be afraid to try it.

Comment

I found Parted Magic has many useful tools such as this secure erase tool which causes the SSD's internal controller to erase the empty space in NAND
          I had to download different version, none of which would work on a USB to make it bootable. It finally worked only after burning it to a CD.
          I'm sorry Dave, I can't do that.

Comment

Originally posted by Britton30 View Post
            I found Parted Magic has many useful tools such as this secure erase tool which causes the SSD's internal controller to erase the empty space in NAND
            I had to download different version, none of which would work on a USB to make it bootable. It finally worked only after burning it to a CD.
            The best way to use PartedMagic is to put the .iso on a USB stick, you only need a 256mb USB for it.

Comment

Parted Magic not free now. Any solution ?

Comment

Working...
              X