Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G.SKILL TridentX Series DDR3 2400 and ASUS Crossblade ranger MB

Hello,

I'm not a novice when it comes to building computers but I can not figure out how to adjust the BIOS properly on this mobo to get it to work at full speed.
    Here's the specs:

Motherboard: ASUS ATX DDR3 2600 FM2 Motherboard CROSSBLADE RANGER

CPU: AMD A8-7600 Quad-Core 3.1 GHz Socket FM2+ 65W Desktop Processor AMD Radeon R7 (AD7600YBJABOX)

RAM: G.SKILL TridentX Series 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2400 (PC3 19200) Desktop Memory Model F3-2400C10-8GTX

In case it matters, I'm running 4 sticks of these, 32GB total...

This motherboard states it supports DDR3 up to 2666 in O.C. I'm just trying to get my 2400 speed to it's full potential.

In the BIOS under auto mode it sets the ram speed at 1333mhz but it's stable and there's NO blue screen.

In D.O.C.P. mode I can set the memory to profile #2 which is preset to 2400mhz, 10-12-12-31 1.65v , which is the exact speed, timing and voltage these memory sticks state they should be.

If I use these settings the computer doesn't even boot into windows before flashing a blue screen and rebooting automatically, in a continuous loop.

I don't see any options to enable XMP mode, can somebody help me understand what other settings may need to be adjusted to get this motherboard to work properly with this RAM?

Thanks

Four modules at DDR3-2400 not only needs a decent board, but also a very good IMC. Many CPUs top out at DDR3-2133 and others at DR3-1866 when 4x8GB are installed. If you absolutely want DDR3-2400, try enabling profile #2 with only two sticks installed. If even that does not work, you might have to manually adjust timings and or voltages (for the memory controller/CPU_NB).

AMD platforms don't have native support for Intel Extreme Memory Profiles (XMP). D.O.C.P. is an ASUS specific workaround to apply XMP based settings on AMD boards. Sometimes it works, sometimes it fails and if that happens it's time to go with manual settings. I can try to help you with that, but with 4x8GB you will probably be stuck at DD3-1866 or 2133.
    Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Originally posted by emissary42 View Post
      Four modules at DDR3-2400 not only needs a decent board, but also a very good IMC. Many CPUs top out at DDR3-2133 and others at DR3-1866 when 4x8GB are installed. If you absolutely want DDR3-2400, try enabling profile #2 with only two sticks installed. If even that does not work, you might have to manually adjust timings and or voltages (for the memory controller/CPU_NB).

AMD platforms don't have native support for Intel Extreme Memory Profiles (XMP). D.O.C.P. is an ASUS specific workaround to apply XMP based settings on AMD boards. Sometimes it works, sometimes it fails and if that happens it's time to go with manual settings. I can try to help you with that, but with 4x8GB you will probably be stuck at DD3-1866 or 2133.
      I noticed that when I set it to profile 2 and set the frequency to "Auto" it defaulted to 1506.

I booted and was stable, so I ran CPU-Z, the timings were all right except for tRC which was 33 and it should be 43 per the specs.

I went back into manual settings and adjusted tRC to 43, and then set the freq from Auto to the highest possible option listed which was DDR3-2410mhz... I was skeptical since this is only 2400 speed RAM and the last time I tried this option it didn't work.

After a successful boot up it's stable and working. See attachments.

Maybe the tRC adjustment was that critical?

I hope running it at 2410mhz isn't going to cause issues. I might just leave these settings as is and see if crashes after a few hours or not, if you have any other suggestions that you think I should do please let me know.
      Attached Files

Comment

Looks spot on, if that's stable you're in business

tRC and every timing is critical to run properly. Those are the specs we test the RAM is capable of so it should be followed.

2410 is no problem, the memory multiplier is never exactly perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
          Looks spot on, if that's stable you're in business

tRC and every timing is critical to run properly. Those are the specs we test the RAM is capable of so it should be followed.

2410 is no problem, the memory multiplier is never exactly perfect.
          Awesome, thanks!!

Comment

Working...
          X