No announcement yet.

Post your issues with the Trident RGB Control software here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No it doesn't have to be an ASUS motherboard. Any Z270 and Z170 chipset motherboards should be capable of running the software.

Comment

I do not like the softwar Trident RGB Control, especially do not like that there are Asus service! Asus software have all terrible.
      ASUS Com Service -is evil! especially what if the motherboard is not from Asus.
      AsRogAuraService -too raw ****! but I understand that the service needed.
      In general I would like to see an independent software written from scratch! and not castrated creation in conjunction with Asus...
      MSI Z270 Gaming M7 + F4-3600C16D-16GTZR, control software bad, but it works. software from Asus and the gift is not necessary

Comment

Hi, we'll do our best to put up a changelog, but there's so many things that needs changing that it might not be complete.

At the moment, we're getting the same issues with the Z170 motherboards where a single module isn't responding correctly, but cycle and default are good. The next beta version should update the addresses for Z170 motherboards.

Also, we understand that there's a conflict with the Aura service. We're working on that issue right now.

Thank you all for your amazing feedback.

Comment

Originally posted by G.SKILL View Post
          Hi everyone,

For those of your who installed the beta software, and some modules aren't lighting up any more or stuck in a certain color/effect, please shut down the system (no sleep or hibernation) and then cut the power to the power supply (either by the IO switch in the back, or disconnect the power cord altogether). Wait until the motherboard lights go out, because there are some motherboards that can retain power for quite some time after the power is cut. Then wait for an additional 30 seconds.

This should clear out the lighting settings on the modules. At the moment, it seems like this issue stems from issuing commands to incorrect addresses. So we are asking to update your BIOS to the latest version, and then reinstall the software. Make sure to reboot between install and uninstalls.

If you're still having troubles, please let us know the full motherboard model number and the BIOS version you have installed. Thanks.
          Hi there!

Yes. I've followed those instructions (thank you btw) and it got one stick to work. Some details below.

Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VIII Impact
          Bios (latest): 3201

All of the software options work as intended, from what I can tell. Except that they only work on one stick. The other just sits idle in all but the 'Color Cycle' option and that's about the only time you'll see both sticks RGB working and in sync.

I've included a short recording - https://streamable.com/px6ez

Comment

In My Asrock Z270 Gaming K6
            Bios 1.30
            2x 8gb ddr4 3000
            Not Work, Does not recognize memory modules

Comment

Originally posted by neoilha View Post
              In My Asrock Z270 Gaming K6
              Bios 1.30
              2x 8gb ddr4 3000
              Not Work, Does not recognize memory modules
              finally someone with the same issue as me. if you figure this out please post. did you try changing the modules from sockets? i cannot do this because the kraken covers up the socket closest to the cpu.

Comment

Originally posted by avioni View Post
                finally someone with the same issue as me. if you figure this out please post. did you try changing the modules from sockets? i cannot do this because the kraken covers up the socket closest to the cpu.
                You might just have to release the Kraken.

Comment

bahahahahah mycorona...

Comment

Another to G.SKILL admin. Will the next version update support any additional chipsets?

Comment

It would be cool to combine the management of all G.Skill products (keyboard, mouse and memory) in one software.
                      Although it is only in words easy

Comment

i got an email with instructions on what to check if the software is not detecting your ram module. it did not work for me. but maybe it works for you.

The error message indicates that the light controlling services cannot be found or are not running.

Step 1:

Make sure the software is installed. The Trident Z RGB lighting control software is installed in the

following directory:

C:\Program Files (x86)\G.SKILL International Enterprise\GSkill

Step2:

Make sure both services are installed. The services are located in the following directories.

C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\AXSP\2.00.00

C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\AsRogAuraService\1.00.01

If the folders are missing, please copy files directly from the installation package

Copy the files from “Trident Z RGB Control vx.xx.xx\AXSP\” installer folder to “C:\Program Files

(x86)\ASUS\AXSP\2.00.00”

Copy the files from “Trident Z RGB Control vx.xx.xx\AsRogAuraService” installer folder to “C:\Program

Files (x86)\ASUS\AsRogAuraService\1.00.01”

If the folders “1.00.01” or “2.00.00” do not exist, please create a new folder with the same name.

Step 3:

Make sure the services are running. To do this, go to “Start > Run...” dialog (or press “Win+R”) and type

in “services.msc” and press “Enter”.

In the list, look for “AsRogAuraService” and “ASUS Com Service”. These two should be listed as “Running”

and the Startup Type should be “Automatic”.

To change the Startup Type, right click on the service, click on “Properties”, and under the General tab,

select “Automatic” for “Startup Type” from the dropdown list.

If the service is not running, then right click on the name, and choose “Start”.

If you encounter an error when trying to start the service, please go back to Step 2 and make sure the

files are copied to the correct directories.

When both “AsRogAuraService” and “ASUS Com Service” are confirmed to be running, we need to

restart both services to make sure they are working together properly by right clicking on

“AsRogAuraService” and choose to “Restart”, then do the same to “ASUS Com Service”.

Step 4:

Once both services are restarted, double click the software from the desktop. In some cases, the

software may give an error message the first time. So double click the software shortcut again from the

desktop. The software should open properly.

Please note that this set of directions only apply to v1.00.08 BETA. It may change for future versions.

Comment

i got an email with instructions on what to check if the software is not detecting your ram module. it did not work for me. but maybe it works for you.
                          Hi there. Thanks for the post. Unfortunately, this did not work for me; in that it did not detect the other ram stick. Thanks for posting, though.

Comment

my motherboard is MSI. so i cant have those Asus stuff -_-
                            Intel i5 6600K @ 4.5GHz 1.36v 53c Max Temp
                            Asrock Z270 Extreme4
                            16GB Trident Z RGB 3000MHz
                            Galax GTX 1070 Hall Of Fame
                            Seasonic Prime Titanium 650W
                            ID Cooling Frostflow 240L-W

Comment

Originally posted by botee View Post
                              mine too. i noticed the behavior changes when the service msiddrservice is active or non active. that is the service that command center uses to communicate with bios. i believe asus com or asrogservice does the same thing. this is what happens, if i close msiddrservice then i get the no rgb modules in system error and the asrogservice does not stay running. if i have msiddrservice running then the asrogservice stays running and i dont get the gskill error about having no modules. BUT the app wont open. the process stays in the background cause i can see it in task manager but nothing happens.

so i uninstalled command center to see if that was somehow causing a conflict but nop. now without the msiddrservice installed i just get the no rgb modules in system error all the time.

i also tried installing aura software cause gskill software is basically a modified aura from what i could see in the files. but i get the exact behavior. the process runs in task manager but nothing happens. installed various asrogservice versions but got nowhere new.
                              Last edited by avioni; 03-08-2017, 03:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by botee View Post
                                They G.Skill just need to write software from scratch, and everything will be OK.
                                Memory modules receive acpi low-level commands. It is for this reason that any MB on the z170/z270 is supported.
                                For this, the software does not need asus. but marketing, ASUS Aura just fashionable

Comment

Working...
                                X