Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

XMP setting higher voltages than recommended?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XMP setting higher voltages than recommended?

Hi guys, recently I bought a set of Trident Z 2x4Gb 3200MHz (F4-3200C16D-8GTZ).

When I turn on the XMP profile, the Bios displays DDR VOLTAGE: 1.376v, when the one indicated by the label is 1.35v (out of the box, running at 2133MHz, that voltage is 1.216v, the same that the VCore).

Further details:
    - I've passed Memtest86+ with all the setups and got no errors.
    - If I try to set ram voltage to 1.35v manually, after a reboot the Bios displays 1.360v.
    - My PC, built a week ago: Z170A Tomahawk AC + I5 6600k + Hyper 212 Evo + MSI GTX 1060 ARMOR OC + Seasonic m12II evo 620w + 2x4gb Trident Z 3200Mhz + WD Blue 1TB (planning on adding another set of 2x4Gb of RAM, same model)

As a noob, my question is: Is this higher voltage okay? I have to set anything else besides turning XMP on?

Thanks in advance :-)

The XMP voltage is programmed to 1.35V, but most mainboards slightly overvoltage Vdimm for general compatibility reasons. That slight increase of +10 or +25mV is not really a big deal for the modules itself, because their PCB and the ICs used on them are usually rated for a lot more (and that gets exploited by overclockers world wide).
    Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Originally posted by emissary42 View Post
      The XMP voltage is programmed to 1.35V, but most mainboards slightly overvoltage Vdimm for general compatibility reasons. That slight increase of +10 or +25mV is not really a big deal for the modules itself, because their PCB and the ICs used on them are usually rated for a lot more (and that gets exploited by overclockers world wide).
      Thanks for the reply!

I thought my memories had some kind of problem, glad to see it's okay

Comment

Working...
      X