Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GA-F2A88XN-WIFI (Incompatible memory Kit)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, chips will change over time. You should only use 1 kit of RAM in each computer. A lot of people have the same problem because they don't know how to set up high performance RAM and they do not contact us for help. It requires advanced OC experience to stabilize full slots of DDR3-2133, but not 1600.

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
      Yes, chips will change over time. You should only use 1 kit of RAM in each computer. A lot of people have the same problem because they don't know how to set up high performance RAM and they do not contact us for help. It requires advanced OC experience to stabilize full slots of DDR3-2133, but not 1600.
      So, I work with computer since about 25 yers. I contact you for help. So how can I stabilize 2 X 8 Gb @2133???
      My motherboard has got only 2 slot of memory (it's mini ITX) not 4.
      Increse Ram Voltage?
      Increase NB Voltage?
      Set higher memory timings?
      How?
      Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by stefan33 View Post
        So, I work with computer since about 25 yers. I contact you for help. So how can I stabilize 2 X 8 Gb @2133???
        My motherboard has got only 2 slot of memory (it's mini ITX) not 4.
        Increse Ram Voltage?
        Increase NB Voltage?
        Set higher memory timings?
        How?
        Thank you.
        Please can you help me? Thanks.

Comment

The basics: Download Aida64, go to Motherboard > SPD and write down the XMP timings. Then reboot into the UEFI, adjust the memory ratio, fill in the timings and set a Vdimm of 1.65V.

1) Command Rate: 2T
          2) tRFC - for everything between 160/300/350 select the next higher value.
          3) Increase the voltage for the memory controller in small steps (usually needs less than +100mV for DDR3-2133).
          Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Originally posted by emissary42 View Post
            The basics: Download Aida64, go to Motherboard > SPD and write down the XMP timings. Then reboot into the UEFI, adjust the memory ratio, fill in the timings and set a Vdimm of 1.65V.

1) Command Rate: 2T
            2) tRFC - for everything between 160/300/350 select the next higher value.
            3) Increase the voltage for the memory controller in small steps (usually needs less than +100mV for DDR3-2133).
            Vdimm of the memory set @ 1,65? It's not to much higher?
            1-Comand rate is 2T
            2-Don't understand wich value I need to select? Why not default?
            3-Do you mean North Bridge Voltage? So I can put higher than 1,3?
            Thanks.
            It will be appreciate if the official support also tell me what to do.

Comment

Input basic RAM info:

DRAM Frequency, timings, Voltage

Post some pictures, we need feedback and information from you in order to help.

Comment

Ok, at the end also at 1600 the dual channel has got problems, because 8GB sometimes are not usable.
                In the Bios I have 3 option as you can see here:
                https://www.bjorn3d.com/2014/05/giga...-kaveri-fm2/2/

or here at the time 2.00:
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9g8rQ3SAWgY

1- CPU Vcore
                2-NB core that should be CPU-NB Voltage
                3-DRam Voltage

What I have to stabilize if I get troubles @1600 mHz with ram sold for 2133???

Plese try to help me because if I don't solve the issue I should think the problem come from your Ram with hynix ram chip....

I think only that I can rise the NB core and Ram voltage.... But I told you before I have already done and I think it doesn't work.... So what voltage I need to set??? Now I'm sure I get issues also @1600... So if i can make your ram working @ 1600 without isssues, than should work also @1866 and 2133... If the ram can't work @2133 anyway for me the ram are incompatible with AMD Kaveri/Godaveri.... and than I will get 3 kits of other brand memory..... Thanks.

Comment

How much time do you need for one answer??? Years???
                  Last edited by stefan33; 01-10-2017, 08:24 AM.

Comment

All the information needed to configure your memory for 1866/2133 is already in the thread.

On another note all my Samsung and Hynix based kits from G.SKILL were running at DDR3-2400+ on Gigabyte FM1 and FM2 mainboards with manual settings no problem. I would even claim that for 2x8GB kits on FM2 and FM2+ Hynix ICs probably are the way to go, when even AMD utilized them on their Radeon R9 memory modules (also rated for DDR3-2133/2400).

Comment

I don't understand what I have to rise for make working 2 x 8 Gb of 2133 memory @ 1600 in a normal dual channel??? Thanks.

Comment

You need to input DRAM Frequency DDR3-1600, DRAM Timings tCL 9 - tRCD 9 - tRP 9 - tRAS 24, DRAM Voltage 1.50V

That's it.

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
                          You need to input DRAM Frequency DDR3-1600, DRAM Timings tCL 9 - tRCD 9 - tRP 9 - tRAS 24, DRAM Voltage 1.50V

That's it.
                          Ok. May be I can't explain weel...
                          I have 2 X 8 GB Gskill DDR3 2133@1600 - F3-2133C11D-16GAR
                          They are working at 1,50V @ 1600 of frequency....
                          With:

DRAM Frequency DDR3-1600, DRAM Timings tCL 11 - tRCD 11 - tRP 11- tRAS 28, DRAM Voltage 1.50V

And still I miss the dual channel @1600.

THAT'S IT.

So what I have to do for make it working??? Stabilize, rise up voltage of the Dram@ 1,65 and NB Core @ 1,35??? Or what ??? You told me that the ram need to stabilize.... for what ?? They are working @ stock voltage with frequency down @1600 and timings more slov and what they need anymore for working in a simple dual channel???? Thank you. I hope it's possible to solve it....

Comment

The F2A88XN-WIFI is a board with only two memory slots, one per channel. So if you use both slots it is automatically Dual Channel and the only way to ever run it in a single channel configuration would be to use just 1 dimm.

If one of the channels/modules were dropped, you would also miss half the memory capacity and that is easy to check via CPU-Z or other tools (HWInfo64, Aida64 etc).

Comment

Originally posted by emissary42 View Post
                              The F2A88XN-WIFI is a board with only two memory slots, one per channel. So if you use both slots it is automatically Dual Channel and the only way to ever run it in a single channel configuration would be to use just 1 dimm.

If one of the channels/modules were dropped, you would also miss half the memory capacity and that is easy to check via CPU-Z or other tools (HWInfo64, Aida64 etc).

I know that the board as got only 2 channel of memory. The problem is that sometimes (1/2 times for week) the sistem make availaible only 8GB of memory from the kit of 2 x 8... and that's the reason why I tell you that cpu-z see the memory running in SINGLE CHANNEL . The sistem read all of 16GB but make only 8 availaible. That append to the bios too.... It's because the system is working in single channel with only 8 of 16 GB of memory...
                              Do you can understand me?

Here there is a picture as exemple:

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answer...s-windows.html

On my moterboard I read:

DIMM---------- 1 ---------------------- 2
                              Installed Size---------- 8192 -------------------- 8192
                              Enabled Size---------- 8192 -------------------- NOTHING
                              Total Size---------- 8192

Now do you have a solution for that??? Thank you.

For to know all I tell you that's append with boot of 2 different kit of 2133. For kit I mean that I have 4 x 8 GB... Also as appened wit a kit of 2 x 4 GB 1866 and a kit of 2 x 8 GB 1866.. And for to finish I tell you again that we are talking about all the kit of G Skill Ares and the same kind of motherboard. I have 3 same motherbord for 3 computers. And 5 (FIVE) kit of G Skill Ares...... And If i cross the kit and the motherboard, append again, and again and again with all 3 motherboard.... ????
                              Last edited by stefan33; 01-30-2017, 10:08 AM.

Comment

Did you verify this with a standard ATX power supply?

In the official Gigabyte forums there were tons of different problems reported about the combination of a PicoPSU and F2A88XN-WIFI, from not being able to power-on at all to very funky stuff. Maybe this is one of those issues?

I never had any of those issues with my AMD builds and my own configs used other hardware, so i can't give you any specific tips on that. From my experience modules or channels getting dropped under load is a sign of instability, either on the settings or power side of things.

Comment

Working...
                                X