[BUGS?] Macros changing on every startup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [BUGS?] Macros changing on every startup

Hello, on every startup of the computer the macros system seems to get damaged. I had several issues:

-Buttons that changes the macro selected (for example, I put the "Close window" macro to G1, and now, after the startup, the G1 is setted to "Macro1" without any change made by me).

-Macros that get erased the keyboard presses (for example, I create the macro "reload without cache" with Ctrl + F5, and use it without any problem before shutdown. Now I press the key and nothing happens, I go to macro system and I see that the keys are disspeared. The macro exist, but without any keypress setted).

-Changes on the behaviour of the button (for example, I setted the G4 key to be "only one press" (the first option, I have it in spanish so I don't know the exact translation), and now it have the option "enable / disable continuous use of the key" without any change made by me).

Those issues are happening on every startup, so I don't know what it is going on.

I have KM 780 RGB Cherry MX Brown with Spanish layout, and Software 2.03, FW 76.
    Last edited by Rafa; 10-12-2017, 03:10 AM.

Other issue on startup, the illumination I set for when I'm not using the keyboard after x seconds changes too.

I set that if I'm not using the keyboard for 10 minutes, set the illumination to a illumination profile called "no lights", which put the lights off. But on restart it changes it to a default wave...

Comment

Here it is an example of what I found today.

Originally, this macro only have the keypress of "Ctrl + T" without any delay...

Comment

Any help with this? Every time I log on on Windows I have to reconfigure all the keyboard settings because this thing.

Comment

After doing test I think the problem is when the software starts. Because if I close it (not just minimized) and then I open it I see the exact problem...

Comment

Would you mind sending us an exported file of the macro you're using to techsupport@gskill.com? We'll check to see if it's a bug that needs to be fixed. Thank you.

Also, when you updated from 0.107 or earlier versions to the latest 2.xx version, did you do a complete reset through the software menu? (wrench icon in the top right corner) An older profile format might cause this issue.

Comment

Originally posted by G.SKILL View Post
              Would you mind sending us an exported file of the macro you're using to techsupport@gskill.com? We'll check to see if it's a bug that needs to be fixed. Thank you.

Also, when you updated from 0.107 or earlier versions to the latest 2.xx version, did you do a complete reset through the software menu? (wrench icon in the top right corner) An older profile format might cause this issue.
              Hello, thanks for your answer!

I sent a full exportation of the files and settings because I get issues with almost everything, like I explain in my other posts on this topic and in the email I've sent right now.

About your question, I bought the keyboard last week and I've installed that version directly. However I made that reset one or two days ago and doesn't seem to fix anything.

Thanks again.

Comment

Our keyboard team will run through your described issues and try out some tests with your exported settings. This may take a day or two, and we'll provide an update once we hear back.

Thanks.

Comment

Our keyboard team will run through your described issues and try out some tests with your exported settings. This may take a day or two, and we'll provide an update once we hear back.

Thanks.
                  Thanks!

I just sent another email with new info I gathered today. Thanks for researching it!

Comment

It seems like we were able to replicate your issues. It's caused by using non-English letters in the Profile or Macro names. Our team is currently looking for the direct cause in-code and for ways to resolve this issue.

To prevent incorrect macros or profile names on each reboot, please use English-only letters (numbers are also okay) for now, until we have this issue fixed.

We do apologize for this bug if it has caused any inconveniences. Thanks.

Comment

It seems like we were able to replicate your issues. It's caused by using non-English letters in the Profile or Macro names. Our team is currently looking for the direct cause in-code and for ways to resolve this issue.

To prevent incorrect macros or profile names on each reboot, please use English-only letters (numbers are also okay) for now, until we have this issue fixed.

We do apologize for this bug if it has caused any inconveniences. Thanks.
                      Hello, thanks for your answer! I will do that then.

Could be used spaces too? Or just letters and numbers?

For example "Nueva Pestana" would be okay?

Comment

I tried without spaces and without non-english characters and it seems that I still have the issue.

Maybe if the keyboard have non-english characters have the issue too? Because tecnichally, the non-english characters as "ñ" would be passed on the software as keymapping...

Comment

Well, the issue is that the software stores the profile names into the firmware, and it's the firmware that doesn't support the non-english letters. Our team would have to add non-english character support for the firmware.

You might have to reset or create a new profile, in order to make sure that previous names aren't in conflict, causing issues. So we'd recommend going into the software settings (wrench icon in upper right corner) and use "Reset all keyboard settings" to clear out the settings inside the keyboard.

Spaces are okay with english characters and numbers.

Comment

Well, the issue is that the software stores the profile names into the firmware, and it's the firmware that doesn't support the non-english letters. Our team would have to add non-english character support for the firmware.

You might have to reset or create a new profile, in order to make sure that previous names aren't in conflict, causing issues. So we'd recommend going into the software settings (wrench icon in upper right corner) and use "Reset all keyboard settings" to clear out the settings inside the keyboard.

Spaces are okay with english characters and numbers.
                            Yes, I do that yesterday and today I have the same issue, that's why I try to figure out something new. I make a full reinstallation of the software and make that reset yesterday, and today I have the same issue. I create all names without spaces and english characters.

In any case, I will wait for the update that I hope will solve this issue. Until that I will need to continue creating the macros again I suppose...

EDIT: I will make now a test without changing any default name, to see what happens...
                            Last edited by Rafa; 10-26-2017, 06:10 AM.

Comment

I confirm that with default names is happening too. Now, I will try with english language for the software...

Comment

Working...
                              X