Asus rampage ii gene with F3-10666CL7T

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asus rampage ii gene with F3-10666CL7T

First off all memory has been run one stick at a time and passes 1 round of memtest86+. I did have one bad stick and sent the whole kit back; the replacement kit showed up the other day from G.Skill and those sticks tested and passed.

I'm running an Asus rampage ii gene with two 6GB F3-10666CL7T kits and an i7-920 D0. If I just set everything to "auto" and QPI-DRAM voltage to 1.35 then it will run with all 6 sticks installed at 1066. If I leave the QPI-DRAM voltage on "auto" then it won't boot into windows. So setting QPI-DRAM to 1.35 gets me up and running at 1066 on the ram and 2.6 on the cpu. Using hwmonitor shows all temps are fine.

However, if I set the bios to use the one XMP profile which I think is 7-7-7-18 1.5v at 133 then even with QPI-DRAM set to 1.35 it won't boot into windows.

I know that I'm using 2 of the 6GB kits but my understanding was that the XMP profile was just supposed to work and that upping the QPI-DRAM voltage might be needed because of running 6 sticks (instead of 3). I also tried not loading the XMP profile and just setting the ram setting manually but the result was the same.

Any ideas? I've no idea why I can't do something as simple as set the XMP profile, set the QPI-DRAM and be good to go. Do I need to go higher on the QPI-DRAM? This is supposed to be the easy part since it's just supposed to work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You are using two separate kits, so manual settings are necessary.

Try DDR3-1333 7-7-7-21 1.550V , QPI 1.35V and see how that works.

If no go, try QPI 1.40V+

Considering it needed 1.35V for DDR3-1066, it should need more for DDR3-1333.

Don't use XMP, manually set everything.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
    X