asus p9x79 Pro and F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• asus p9x79 Pro and F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL

I have 32 Gigs of this memory and only 16 show up in Windows 7. I'm using an ASUS p9x79 Pro MB and need help with the timings.

Thanks,

First thing, what version of Win7? If it's Home Premium 64, then 16GB is the limit, will need Win7 64 Pro, Enterprise or Ultimate. If you have one of the latter 3 then first I'd check that you have the latest BIOS, next ensure all sticks are inserted firmly and all 32GB show up in BIOS, then make sure Win itself isn't limiting the amount of DRAM, to do that, Click start, type MSCONFIG in the search box, click BOOT, click ADVANCED and make sure MAX MEM is unchecked....if all this fails can take a look at this:

http://i4memory.com/ramdetect

which might help, and get back to us

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

It is Windows 7 Ultimate (sorry, forgot to post that!) and all the sticks are firmly in place. I will check the msconfig before I go any further and I'll check back after. Thanks for the quick reply.

Comment

No problem, will be out for a bit, but in and out of my shop most of the day today

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X