No announcement yet.

F3-10666cl9d-4gbnq + gigabyte ga-ep45t-ud3p = :( UPDATE F7 BIOS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The replacement sticks from gskill ran fine. The replacement sticks from newegg also ran fine. Running all four sticks together causes BSOD. I only bought the 2nd set to use while the 1st set was being replaced. So I don't really need the 8gb if I can't get it stable.

1. Will try the F7.
    2. Will try upping the volts as suggested although from what I see it reduces the life of components?
    3. Not at the PC but tRFC and tRC would be stock; I didn't change any voltage settings
    4. I guess I could try as newegg seems to be pretty good about this. eBay may be my last hope.
    5. Yes I see that too. Right after I bought the 2nd set a bunch of bad reviews were posted and newegg started dropping the price. I would swap these 2 sets for a tested 4 stick set if that option was available for postage.

Comment

Might try tRFC at 52....possibly up to 54 and see what that does....have note from a system but aren't quite fully legible.
      Last edited by Tradesman; 05-04-2009, 05:47 PM.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by allshookup View Post
        The replacement sticks from gskill ran fine. The replacement sticks from newegg also ran fine. Running all four sticks together causes BSOD. I only bought the 2nd set to use while the 1st set was being replaced. So I don't really need the 8gb if I can't get it stable.

1. Will try the F7.
        2. Will try upping the volts as suggested although from what I see it reduces the life of components?
        3. Not at the PC but tRFC and tRC would be stock; I didn't change any voltage settings
        4. I guess I could try as newegg seems to be pretty good about this. eBay may be my last hope.
        5. Yes I see that too. Right after I bought the 2nd set a bunch of bad reviews were posted and newegg started dropping the price. I would swap these 2 sets for a tested 4 stick set if that option was available for postage.
        we'll wait for your testing result
        thanks

G.S

Comment

AllShookUp,
          To your response:

Item 2 - Voltage - The suggested voltage possibilities all fall within spec and generally what is listed as a max amount is generally a conservative 'MAX' amount.
          Item 3 - tRFC and tRC are RAM timings, the tRFC would probably be the only wou might have to change

Will be watching for you

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

TRFC is better to use at 72+. 52 is too tight. at DDR2 1066 already requires 48

Comment

Here's an update, sorry for the late reply. I installed the four sticks, loaded optimized defaults, saved, booted into Vista and shutdown. While I had the case open I increased the fan speed on two fans from medium to high as it's spring time here and the temps going up so I figured it wouldn't hurt. I have 5 fans total plus an Arctic Freeze on the CPU. Four out five are now on high.

Did the F7 BIOS update, loaded optimized defaults, saved and booted into Vista. I was excited because there was no BSOD. However after about an hour the machine froze, so that took the wind out of my sails. Was going to yank two sticks out but I figured I might as well update the ATI Radeon driver. That went fine so I figured I go to Windows update and to see if anything new was available. There wasn't but there was an update that always failed (Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.5 Family Update (KB951847) x64) previously so I didn't have anything better to do so I tried that. Amazingly it finally installed successfully.

Long story short the PC ran another 24 hours without a freeze or BSOD, then I got a couple BSOD. One was IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL then INVALID_PROCESS_ATTACH ATTEMPT. Now it's going on another 24+ hours without a freeze or BSOD.

In the event log it seems I've been getting a lot of "Event 10, WMI" errors. Brief research on that seems to indicate an issue with the ATI video driver. I'm hoping the next BIOS update or Catalyst release will clear up the occasional error completely.

So I'm not quite sure what got the machine more stable: the BIOS update, the Catalyst upgrade, the Windows Update or the increased airflow. I'm leaning towards the F7 update.

Thanks for the help!

Comment

thank you for your sharing. we are going to sticky your post for other ga-ep45t-ud3p user

Comment

Well, it's sounding much better, think I agree with you on the F7. Was wondering what your final timings and tRFC (in the advanced timings) actually is on your rig.

Tman

Comment

looks like he is using auto / optimized defaults for TRFC

Comment

Not that problem wouldn't be gone, but has anyone run MemTest on this.

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL then INVALID_PROCESS_ATTACH ATTEMPT <- indicates read errors as far I know. Freezes indicates memory errors still there.

I know the 'random' factor on windows (used to have BSOD screensaver) and I know that .NET 3.5 will help on system stability also updated driver, but still.. The EventID 10 probably from .NET more than ATI drivers.
                      http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950375 <- according to this there's .vbs script to resolve it.
                      Last edited by genetix; 06-30-2009, 10:15 PM.
                      "Sex is like freeware, shareware on weekends. When do we get to open source?" -TwL

Thanks AMD/ATI for banning legit customers who asks questions of your screw-ups:
                      http://i45.tinypic.com/30j0daq.png

Comment

Hello, thought I would check back in and let you know how I made out.

I continued to have BSOD using the four sticks. I gave up and ran with just two sticks until December. I installed Windows 7 hoping that Vista may have been causing the trouble. But no, the BSOD continued with Win 7. I finally contacted Gigabyte and they recommended that I change the Memory Frequency from 1333 to 1066 Mhz. I did and I have not had a BSOD in about three weeks.

They said that this indicated memory some how was not stable when run at 1333mhz. They also said that in order to run 1333mhz memory a Quad core processor is required. And if current processor is Core 2 Duo you may need to set memory to 1066. I have not seen this mentioned anywhere.

Anyway, I'm glad this has finally been resolved and that I can use the full 8gb without issues. Thanks for all your help!

Comment

Working...
                        X