F3-16000CL9T-6GBPS + ASUS P6T / Deluxe / V2 BIOS settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TPB,

You didn't punch in the settings in the first post above.. Once you set BCLK to 200, that will give you DDR3-2000 via the 10X memory multiplier.

Or try:

Ai Overclock Tuner - Manual
    CPU Ratio Setting - 21
    Intel SpeedStep Tech - Disabled
    BCLK Frequency - 143
    DRAM Frequency - DDR3-2000
    UCLK Frequency - 4000MHz
    QPI Link Data Rate - AUTO

DRAM Timing Control
    CAS Latency - 9
    tRCD - 9
    tRP - 9
    tRAS - 24
    Command Rate - 2N

QPI/DRAM Core Voltage - 1.60V
    DRAM Bus Voltage - 1.64V

The above settings are minimum to operating DDR3-2000

Thank you
    GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Been having issues getting my machine to boot with the settings you guys suggested.

Its been a long time since I built my own machines and did overclocking, and all these settings and tweaks didn't exist/I never dealt with. So yes, when it comes to memory timings, voltage settings, etc, I'm either a N00b or severely out of date and rusty. For whatever settings you didn't list I just left at the default (ie, auto, disabled, enabled, etc). I also noticed that some of the voltage steppings had to go up or down .01, and some of the Frequencies weren't exactly available (ie UCLK Frequency - 4000MHz has to be 4005MHz). Also I got a warning that if my DRAM voltage was above 1.65, it could damage the CPU. Sorry if this means a bit more hand holding.

I wouldn't mind doing some overclocking, but it doesn't need to be maxed out. These boxes I built for our office to do 3dS Max renderings. They are using a decent Lian Li PC-7FN case and Intel's heatsink and fan that came with the i7, so pushing them to the 4GHz range isn't going to cut it. Basically I'm just looking for max performance with out of the Box hardware.

Here's my config:

Intel Core i7-920 2.66GHz - SLBEJ D0
      ASUS P6T LGA 1366
      G.SKILL Trident 6GB (3 x 2GB) F3-16000CL9T-6GBTD
      OCZ Solid 2 Series 120GB SATA II SSD
      WD Caviar Green WD10EARS 1TB 5400 RPM SATA
      POWERCOLOR AX5850 1GB Radeon HD 5850
      LIAN LI PC-7FN
      Antec NEO ECO 620C 620W Continuous Power

EDIT: You can see in my config, but I just want to note that it's the standard P6T, and not the Deluxe.
      Last edited by beatledud; 03-31-2010, 05:32 AM.

Comment

Some settings may be slightly off, but as long as it is close, it should be fine. For example, the frequency will always be slightly different since everything is based off locked multipliers. 143 x 14 can only equal 2002, not 2000. Which is why when you double DRAM Frequency for UCLK, it comes out to 4005. The slight differences will not matter. Our modules are for overclocking, so they can easily withstand +100MHz with the rated specifications.

For your stated usage, please try the following settings:

CPU Ratio Setting - 21
        BCLK Frequency - 133
        DRAM Frequency - DDR3-1600
        UCLK Frequency - 3200MHz

DRAM Timing Control
        CAS Latency - 7
        tRCD - 7
        tRP - 7
        tRAS - 21

QPI/DRAM Core Voltage - 1.50V
        DRAM Bus Voltage - 1.60V

Load Line Calibration - Disabled

Thank you
        GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
          Some settings may be slightly off, but as long as it is close, it should be fine. For example, the frequency will always be slightly different since everything is based off locked multipliers. 143 x 14 can only equal 2002, not 2000. Which is why when you double DRAM Frequency for UCLK, it comes out to 4005. The slight differences will not matter. Our modules are for overclocking, so they can easily withstand +100MHz with the rated specifications.
          Thanks for the clarification, and thanks for the quick reply.

to verify, the settings you suggested for me are the only ones to change and thus leave everything default? As in not in conjunction with the longer list of settings first posted on this thread?

And this doesn't appear to overclock much if at all. 2.79 GHz if my math is correct? Still says 2.67 on the system information window in the control panel of Win 7.

Comment

Yes, if I do not list settings, they are not 100% required.

133 x 21 is 2.79GHz, so yes, it's not really overclocked at the moment. You will need to raise the BCLK and set CPU Ratio accordingly for your target frequency. CPU VCore will also need to go up and be set manually as you go beyond 3.6GHz.

CPU Ratio Setting - 21
            BCLK Frequency - 160
            DRAM Frequency - DDR3-1600 (10X multiplier, not 12X as before)
            UCLK Frequency - 3200MHz

Make these changes for 3.36GHz
            Let me know how that works.

Don't know what CPU cooler you have, so watch temperatures as you increase BCLK for higher CPU frequency.

Thank you
            GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

I'm not the sharpest needle, but I'm pretty sure not having exact voltages throws things off center. For instance, with the P6T V2 you cannot use 1.85 CPU PLL Voltage or 1.35 IOH Voltage.

Also, can someone please explain to me why you all posted up CPU Voltages, even though you didn't post the type of CPU being used. Every CPU is different so I don't see why you would post up the voltage.

I have an Intel Core i7 920 D0 and I'm trying to get your Tridenrt series to run at 2GHz.

Since you all seem to have posted information that doesn't make sense, like the CPU voltage, I am completely confused. I'm unsure of what to actually deem necessary and not important.

Can someone post some detailed information for what settings to use and which to not.

Note: I've been trying to get your modules to run for over 4 months now. I had them running at one point, but I was using 1.65 QPI Voltage, which is unacceptably high.

Thanks for the help ahead of time.

Update: I tried all the settings from the Rampage II Extreme thread and from this thread. Neither of those worked. However, I got it working on the XMP profile, but only with 1.65 QPI. Is there anyway to bring down the QPI, it's really high? I haven't tried anything between 1.60-1.65 yet, but I'll try it later and post back. I tried using the exact same settings from the XMP profile to the Manual setting, but it fails every time. Something is set on auto that I haven't changed yet, which I haven't figured out yet. If you need more info just ask, I can give you anything needed.

Proud owner of many many sticks of GSkill memory,
              ~King
              Last edited by king21092; 07-03-2010, 03:22 AM.

Comment

I've given up running these at DDR3-2000. It works, but suspend/resume is rendered very
                unreliable on my P6TV2. Running bog standard DDR3-1066 and all is well.

IMHO I should not have to fiddle with QPI and the like. The purpose of an XMP profile is to enable one click RAM settings. If the product requires tons of fiddling what's the point of XMP
                ?

Comment

The settings in the guide are just to give you an idea of what your settings should roughly look like. They are to point you in the right direction. They are NOT for you to plug and play, and just work, although some users have reported that to happen. In those cases, obviously they had very similar hardware. As king21092 stated, all CPUs require slightly different voltages. For this reason, we ask all users to find the lowest stable value for all voltages but most importantly memory controller voltage, as it is most important to what we're doing (overclocking CPU to support high memory frequency). Consequently, ianken, this is why the XMP can't set the voltages for you. Some companies have attempted this, such as ASUS, I believe DDR3-2000, they had it set to 1.550V, but as we all know, it may not always be this high or low. So even if XMP could set voltage, it would not be correct. DRAM Voltage on the other hand, is included with XMP, so that's good as the memory will only need that amoutn of voltage for the target frequency.

king21092, If your CPU requires 1.65V to operate DDR3-2000, then that's what it needs. You can either downclock and run tighter timings, have a good aftermarket CPU cooler ot keep things cool, or get a new CPU that may require less voltage.

For these reasons are why we do not suggest DDR3-2000+ to the average user. It can be a headache, and you may spend lots of time. In actuality, you may not even notice a difference from DDR3-1333. Only with an overclocked CPU will you be able to utilize the additional bandwidth.

Thank you
                  GSKILL TECH

Comment

Hi guys can you please check if something is wrong with the voltages of my tridents i just got yesterday... most tridents run in 1.650v while mine runs only in 1.600v. I put a mark on the image link i posted to know what i was concerned worth. Are these what we call "rated" or "actual" specs of the RAM? If it is then how come i have a lower voltage rating for my gskill tridents?

My mobo is Asus P6T and i used cpuz 64bit 1.55 to check my hardware.

Thanks!

Comment

Some Tridents are 1.60V, the older ones came in 1.65V. The lower the better, so you basically got better chips.

Thank you
                      GSKILL TECH

Comment

Wow! Thanks a lot for the response. Now im confident with the specs and performance of my new gskill tridents.

My computer is currently running using the following configurations:

CPU Ratio Setting - 20
                        BCLK Frequency - 133
                        DRAM Frequency - DDR3-1866
                        UCLK Frequency - 3733MHz

DRAM Timing Control
                        CAS Latency - 8
                        tRCD - 9
                        tRP - 8
                        tRAS - 20

DRAM Read to PRE Time - 7 (there's a quick instruction on my gskill tridents when i first got it... it says to tighten it down to 7 if using an ASUS motherboard... i wonder why we have to set it to this number.)

QPI/DRAM Core Voltage - AUTO
                        DRAM Bus Voltage - 1.64V (can't get it to 1.65 because of the .2 intervals)

Load Line Calibration - Disabled

I don't know why i can't get it to run at 2000mhz using 9-9-9-24, CPU Ratio Setting 20 and BCLK Frequency 133 settings because sometimes when i play games around an hour or two i get a BSOD. I tried increasing the DRAM Bus Voltage to 1.66 but still no luck.

Any suggestions for my configurations? Im afraid of setting the numbers to the extremes because i might damage something on my hardware. Im using an ASUS P6T mobo btw..

Comment

Did you increase QPI/DRAM Voltage? This is the memory controller voltage; anything above DDR3-1600 requires manual setting.

Thank you
                          GSKILL TECH

Comment

Hello,

I have been trying to get a setup similar working for 3 months now going from forum to forum trying to find appropriate settings to get things working. Perhaps someone here knows how to fix my issue. My setup:

Intel Core if-930
                            ASUS P6X58D-E
                            GSkill F3-16000CL9T-6GBPS

My problem seems to be fairly common; not all of the memory is detected on startup (sometimes 2GB, sometimes 4GB), but if the machine is restarted then all 6GB appear until it is shutdown again. Does anyone have any recommended settings for this setup with this particular problem in mind?

Like I said, I've been trying at this for 3 months so I've read most posts about it and tried pretty much every combination of settings I could think of.

Comment

still about ddr3 bios config

Hello everybody,
                              so for what I understand intel core i7 920 cannot whitstand ddr3 at 2000 ?
                              My config:
                              PT6T DELUXE V2
                              CPU - Intel core i7 920 cache 8mb freq 2.66ghz
                              RAM - F3-16000CL6T-6GBPID
                              PU - Silentmaxx Straightpower650W
                              GPU - Nvidia QuadroFX1800
                              Thank you

Comment

Hello! Can i ask what is the safest QPI/DRAM Core Voltage for my specs on my posts previously? When i set it like on 1.6 onwards the numbers go red and im afraid to use those settings cause im not sure if its safe. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X