Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disable volume red backlight

Hi

Is there any way of turning off only the volume meter LED lighting?. I like the keyboard backlight in blue and the red colour in the volume meter is constantly burning my retina (I have some black tape covering the volume panel ATM, but a cleaner aprroach would be nice)

If that option does not exist, Could it be implemented in a future SW/FW update?

Thanks

That option currently does not exist, but we'll let our software team know about your feedback. Hopefully we can get this implemented.

With consideration of the purpose of the volume display, there may be compromises to be made, such as when the option to disable is on, the volume display will still light up when the volume is being changed, but turns off after a few seconds. But, we'll see how this can be implemented to fit everyone's needs.

Thank you for your feedback!

Comment

Thank you for your answer and for taking the feedback into consideration. That compromise would actually be a very handy one since it woud keep the functionality while avoiding the permanent visual impact.

I hope this to be an easy option to implement so we can avoid the only visual annoyance left on this wonderful piece of hardware

Comment

Have there been any developments on this? Honestly, as far as visuals go I think that the only blemish is that the volume LED is a bit of an eye sore and clashes with lighting schemes. The ability to disable the LED, or if it were capable of matching the RGB spectrum/profiles, I think would make this keyboard visually impeccable.

so TL;DR - is there any update on the volume LED disable feature?

Comment

don't expect anything fast from G.skill software developers. their progress is so slow, they probably procrastinating all the time.

G.skill should hire better software devs.

Comment

The volume display disable feature is non-critical, so it's been placed at a lower priority than bugs that would cause software crashes or incorrect keyboard functions. Our software team has also been developing for the KM570 RGB keyboard series, among other developments, so the volume display disable feature has been scheduled for a later release. Be rest assured that it's a function that we do plan on adding.

We do sincerely apologize for the long wait.

Comment

Agree this would be a great feature to have since you can't change the volume color. Got my vote +1

Comment

I would love to see this feature to disable ALL backlighting on the keyboard, including the volume and playback controls. Please add it!

Comment

Seeing that we're visiting this topic, if you have the KM780 RGB, try out the new version (v2.01). It already has the LED Volume Display disable feature under the "Lighting" menu (not the Lighting Profile menu).

silmonius, there's also an option to disable all lighting, also under the "Lighting" menu.

If you have the KM780 MX, we're still working on the update for this series.

Comment

Thank you for continuing to work on the update. I have the KM780 MX, so I don't have this option, yet. I'll be thrilled when it is available!

Comment

Working...
                    X