Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have lifetime warranty, so if you have a bad set/stick, simply send them in for new replacements. Sorry to hear you were unable to get them working properly. =/

Thank you
    GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

K...So when I put the 2x2 RAM in whether it is in slots 1 3 or 2 4, it will not boot fully. It goes to the gigabyte logo screen and no matter what it doesn't let me enter BIOS or anything and sometimes reboots. I've tried each stick by itself in either 1 or 2 but same results. So how can I even change the BIOS if it won't let me in!! I ended up going and buying a standard 1 gig ram and I can enter BIOS with that and I changed the settings to what you had listed on the first page and same results. Please help!

Comment

Either the motherboard is defective or memory. It is rare that both memory sticks are defective, but I suppose it could happen. I would suggest swapping the motherboard first. Keep us posted on the progress.

Thank you
        GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Thanks for the quick response!

Would it be the motherboard though? I only ask because the computer booted and I accessed the BIOS and etc when I put in a standard 1 gig of RAM

Comment

You can try exchanging the memory first, but if you have the same issue afterwards, it must be the motherboard.

Thank you
            GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

K so I restored my default BIOS using my 1 gig...then I changed only the voltage for DRAM to 2.1 and tried each stick alone. Niether stick worked in slot 1 but 1 stick did work in slot 2

Comment

Send them back for new replacements. Sounds like you have one bad stick. When you receive the new replacements, install them in slots 2 and 4.

Thank you
                GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

If your memory (4GB) only works in slots 2 and 4, and not slots 1 and 3 and would like a resolution, please email directly to ustech@gskill.com with subject "GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3P problem" and we will help you resolve your problems. I am directly working with GIGABYTE with this issue and we are looking for cases to solve.

Thank you
                  GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

I'm new to these forums, I purchased a GA-EP45-UD3P motherboard for my sister.

Here's my experience:

We plugged everything in, installed memory in slots 1 and 3, turned the computer on, and it would POST then reboot. Constantly. I finally got it to run for a few minutes, booted into windows 7 dvd(I built my sister the computer from scratch) and then got the BSOD and ended up rebooting. The BSOD said something about not enough memory with drivers or something of the sort. My sister was there and asked "could it be the ram?"

Luckily her old computer had DDR2 at 667MHz speed. So installed those instead of the G.Skill sticks of 1066MHz. Boom, it started up fine. I was thinking to myself "Why would this occur? I thought all DDR2 memory should work without a problem on this motherboard."

So I went home because my sister wanted to play with her new computer (With the old ram in it). She was happy enough except she was gonna return the G.skill memory sticks. While I was home, I decided to do some research on memory. AND OH MY GOSH WAS IT NUTS.

I started looking at voltages, and how different speeds of ram utilize different voltages and I was thinking it was a setting in the BIOS. I then ran across your forums.

I have to say, THANK YOU. I called my sister up, and said "Try putting the sticks in slots 2 and 4. She did, and it ended up booting up fine. I'm not sure if slots 1 and 3 are bad, I don't think they are since the 667 Mhz memory worked fine, I believe it was just some Gigabyte Bonehead employee accidentally wired the slots wrong is all. I am so happy I didn't have to tweak with the mother board.

So G.Skill memory support Forum: THANK YOU!

Comment

Just installed a pair of these sticks into my EP-45-UD3R Rev.1 and am getting constant blue screens. I have used the settings as suggested in the first post.

With the sticks in slots 1 and 3 the computer hangs at the windows screen (64-bit Win7 Business).

I moved the RAM to slots 2 and 4 and the system boots fine but explorer.exe is continously crashing, causing page faults.

I went back into the BIOS and set the BIOS options back to "AUTO". The explorer.exe crashes seemed to stop so I fired up WoW and it crashed after a few minutes with an error that it couldn't read from memory.

I am currently running the Windows Memory Diagnostics Tool in expanded mode to see if it can find anything before I try memtest.

Background, I am not overclocking my Core2Duo E6550 and I previously had 4x1GB of Nanya PC2-6400 with zero issues so the RAM slots should be working...at least somewhat.

I'm also waiting on another set of this G.Skill ram next week to arrive, so I'd be at a total of 8GB.
                      Last edited by hostile; 12-20-2009, 04:15 PM. Reason: more info
                      Intel Core2Duo E6550 (Xigmatek Dark Knight)
                      Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R (Bios F12 Rev1.0)
                      8GB DDR2 1066 (F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK x2)
                      BFG 8800GT OC
                      PCP&C Silencer 750W

Comment

How does one copy or print the bios settings, or do a screen shots. Thanks

Comment

Copy someone else's typed settings and paste it for your thread. For screen shots in BIOS, it is simply using a digital camera, taking pictures, and uploading it so everyone can see.

Thank you
                          GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

I am having the exact same problems with my system. I have the same RAM / MOBO combo as the thread title. I made the changes to my BIOS per the GSKILL tech and I am still having the same random bluescreens. Would running the ram at 800mhz help? What settings would I need to use to do this?

To me it is looking like an RMA for the board and purchasing something different.

Comment

I posted my orginal question to Giga-Byte Tech Support, on the 20th, as of this date, I have not received an answer, I cannot RMA my board, I cannot return the memory modules a second time, as they are most likely not defective, returning defective items is getting expensive, and quite frankly, if in fact defective, why should the customer be responsible for return shipping, I suppose in some cases it would keep some folks from returning defective items. just my 2c worth.

Comment

Here's my story

After buying the ED45-UD3P board with these ram and encountering other problems with the board, I finally had to deal with the ram issue. Here's is what I found out.

It is definitely a board issue and not bad ram.

- Each stick or ram works by itself (2 gigs at a time) but would not work in slots 1 & 3 together (board issue).

--When I placed ram in slots 1 and 2 it works fine. After several hours on the phone with Gigabyte tech support, I don't believe they are aware of the board issue. They kept trying to blame the ram.

--Make sure you download the latest chip set and flash the BIOS with the latest BIOS.

I'm now running this board and 4 gigs of GSKill ram at full speed with Windows 7 Ultimate.
                                I've ordered 4 more gigs of this ram to add. Will update this once I begin running 8 gigs of ram.

Comment

Working...
                                X