Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Installed 1.00.28 and now my RAM can not be detected. Going back to 1.00.22 NOT fixed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installed 1.00.28 and now my RAM can not be detected. Going back to 1.00.22 NOT fixed

As many of you know this software has been buggy and had issues from the start. After RMA my first pair I have been using 1.00.22 successfully for the most part until G.SKILL decided to release TRIDENTZ RGB software "out of beta" with 1.00.28.

I Then:
    Stopped the "Lighting Service"
    Ran full uninstaller
    Manually deleted remaining Lighting and ASUS folders
    Ran CCleaner and cleaned the registry
    Rebooted
    Installed 1.00.28
    rebooted again.
    CAN NOT DETECT RAM message upon opening application.

What am I doing wrong, 1.0.22 worked sometimes, at least detected the RAM.

UPDATE: EVEN AFTER ROLLING BACK TO 1.00.22 THE PROGRAM STILL CAN NOT DETECT MY RAM. WHAT DO I DO NOW GREAT SKILL?

doesn't look great

Gskill, you really need to pull that driver from the site...

People have been reporting this since release but I just installed it today unaware of the issues and cant even revert back

Comment

The only solution to this was to restore my system.

I tried everything!

Comment

Potential Fix

I've posted this in some other threads, but I think it is relevant here as well. This fixed the error where the software couldn't find my RAM. I think this solution is Windows 10 specific, because in my case it appears that this issue was actually caused by problems with Windows 10 rather than G.Skill's software.

1. Download the zipped v1.00.28 installation files from the support page (do NOT extract yet)
        2. Navigate to the folder where you saved the zipped folder. Right click on the folder and open up Properties
        3. In the General tab of the Properties window, the last section of the tab is the Attributes section. In here, look for a checkbox that is labeled "Unblock". If such a checkbox is not present, then unfortunately my fix won't work for you. However, if the box is there, check it then click "Apply". Once you've done that, click "Okay" to close the Properties window.
        4. Proceed to extract the files from the zipped folder as you would normally, then install. When I next ran the software, it was able to detect my RAM and I was able to control the LEDs

IMPORTANT NOTES:
        1. As you've probably seen elsewhere, I do not recommend using other LED control software simultaneously with the G.Skill software. I personally am using a Gigabyte board with RGB Fusion, and I can simply open up task manager and force kill the application there before running the G.Skill software to control the RAM. Once I'm done, I can then use task manager to kill the "LightingService" task and then reopen RGB Fusion if I need to.
        2. Unfortunately, one or two of the sticks will forget its setting when the PC powers on after a shutdown or restart. This can be easily resolved by just opening up the G.Skill software and re-applying the settings. Again, if you're using another LED control software package, you should probably kill that process as described above before attempting to reset the RAM lighting.

If anyone else tries this and it works, please confirm so that future forum-goers can hopefully see it as well.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreDormin View Post
          I've posted this in some other threads, but I think it is relevant here as well. This fixed the error where the software couldn't find my RAM. I think this solution is Windows 10 specific, because in my case it appears that this issue was actually caused by problems with Windows 10 rather than G.Skill's software.

1. Download the zipped v1.00.28 installation files from the support page (do NOT extract yet)
          2. Navigate to the folder where you saved the zipped folder. Right click on the folder and open up Properties
          3. In the General tab of the Properties window, the last section of the tab is the Attributes section. In here, look for a checkbox that is labeled "Unblock". If such a checkbox is not present, then unfortunately my fix won't work for you. However, if the box is there, check it then click "Apply". Once you've done that, click "Okay" to close the Properties window.
          4. Proceed to extract the files from the zipped folder as you would normally, then install. When I next ran the software, it was able to detect my RAM and I was able to control the LEDs

IMPORTANT NOTES:
          1. As you've probably seen elsewhere, I do not recommend using other LED control software simultaneously with the G.Skill software. I personally am using a Gigabyte board with RGB Fusion, and I can simply open up task manager and force kill the application there before running the G.Skill software to control the RAM. Once I'm done, I can then use task manager to kill the "LightingService" task and then reopen RGB Fusion if I need to.
          2. Unfortunately, one or two of the sticks will forget its setting when the PC powers on after a shutdown or restart. This can be easily resolved by just opening up the G.Skill software and re-applying the settings. Again, if you're using another LED control software package, you should probably kill that process as described above before attempting to reset the RAM lighting.

If anyone else tries this and it works, please confirm so that future forum-goers can hopefully see it as well.

Friend, I had to make an account in the forum only to thank you, because of what you said worked here, incredible that seems, always appeared that I had no memory installed, I did what you said and it worked, thank you.

Comment

IMPORTANT NOTES:

I'll give this a try.
            Gigabyte Z270 Gaiming 7 (GA-Z270X Gaiming 7) BIOS F4
            Intel i5 7600k
            Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 G1 (GV-N1070G1 GAIMING-8GD)
            4x G.Skill Trident Z RGB (DDR4 2400 - PC4 19200)
            1TB Samsung 960 EVO
            Win10 Home 64bit

Comment

IMPORTANT NOTES:

Thanks that worked. It's really silly that you had to come in here and provide a solution. Gskill, fix your crap

Comment

G. Skill literally has no idea what's going on right now, as you can see by them copying a post form a rookie member here who discovered the problem with their download. 10 months later this is getting old Great Skill

Comment

Working...
                X