Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to enable XMP/manually overclock G.SKILL memory with ASUS X79 & SB-E or IB-E

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to enable XMP/manually overclock G.SKILL memory with ASUS X79 & SB-E or IB-E

How to Enable X.M.P on Rampage IV Extreme

Step.1

Set the Ai Overclock Tuner = [X.M.P]

Step.2

Enter DRAM Timing Control

Step.3

Set the Rampage Tweak = [Mode 1]

Step.4

Set the CPU VCCSA Voltage = [Manual Mode]

And adjust the CPU VCCSA Manual Voltage = [x.xxx] (Based on your memory kit)

For my rams F3-14900CL9Q-16GBZL should I give 1.25 V VCCSA???

Rampage IV Extreme
    F3-14900CL9Q-16GBZL 2 x 2x2 gb

Comment

No, not w/ 16GB, check your post in general discussions for a fuller explanation - this is the same question:

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthrea...2238#post62238

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I think there is still mistake on site. They removed XMP Manual link on the site but now there is the same link on Rampage IV Extreme on the site. Please check.

Comment

Have sent a note to GSkill to clarify, since their example is showing a 2400 set

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

F3-19200cl10q-32gbzhd

For F3-19200CL10Q-32GBZHD, I would set VCSSA at 1.65?

I'm having problems with this memory using:

i7-3930K Sandy Bridge-E 3.2GHz (3.8GHz Turbo) LGA 2011 130W Six-Core Desktop Processor BX80619i73930K

ASUS P9X79 Pro

I'm getting random blue screens that report problems with Memory Management.

Thanks for the help.

Comment

VCCSA to 1.25, believe 1.65 is the DRAM voltage

Tman

Comment

rzayas28,

Test one module at a time with XMP to see if they all pass.

Thank you
                GSKILL TECH

Comment

Capture BIOS Screens

How did you capture the BIOS screenshots? I'd like to upload my BIOS settings to the forum to have a G Skill rep give them a once over.

Thanks for the help.

Comment

On most of the newer mobos, with the system off, insert a USB flash drive then boot into BIOS, once there, navigate to the BIOS screen you want and hit the F12 key, it should give a message that the screen shot has been saved to the flash drive....most will save them in a numeric order like 123456.jpg or 123458.jpg, etc

Tman

Comment

I think I found the problem

Using the method in 2 previous posts, I ran 1 module at a time and under heavy loads (i.e. ESXi w/VM's and other programs running) 1 module consistently blue screens.

So the question is, can I only RMA that module, or do all 4 modules have to be RMA'ed?

I thought that with this type of memory, there was some special grouping done at the factory, but I really can't afford to send all 4 in as this is my power workstation and I've come to rely on it pretty heavily, but can if I absolutely have to.

Also, what is the RMA #?

Thanks for the help.

Comment

Looks like Florida, so in the US you'll want to contact rma@gskillusa.com to get a rma # for the return (it's a tracking # of sorts. I believe in the US they still will rma a single stick from a set, but it's best to go with the whole set. Believe they also have a deal where if you provide a deposit they will ship you a replacement set, then you return the bad stick/set after you get the replacements to eliminate downtime....Check with them through the email address above, let them know what happened and ask about putting down a deposit for full set replacement. The sets are tested prior to packaging and sale but one might go bad during shipping handling etc

Tman

Comment

Same Problem: 64gbs/2400MHz/ASUSPX79/BSOD

Hi I have the same problem as the previous poster with the same equipment.

I have an ASUS P9X79 Deluxe,

With the same processor and the G-SKill 64gb 2400 MHz kit (with those cool fans)...But I get BSOD all of the time. The MOBO says all sticks are fine, but sometimes one screen says it is 1333 MHz, like when it tells me that overclocking failed (and won't recognize key strokes, though recognizing the keyboad....well actually it says there are three keyboards.) while another says it is 2400

When I set it to XMP and the defaults, I still get BSOD and then the BIOS set up is on AUTO or Manual after reboot....

What specific tests does one do with each module in order to determine if there is a bad stick?

How should I set things up to get this too work: voltage etc.?

How do I know if it is the RAM or the MOBO...ASUS help would only advice me to set my RAM to a lower speed...

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
                          LFJ

Comment

With the 3930K? It might not be able to handle 64GB of 2400, might try at 2133 and see if errors persist. I think it may be a combination of the BIOS and the CPU. Make sure you have the latest BIOS, OC to about 4.2, stock timings, DRAM voltage at 1.65 to 1.7 (to start), VCCSA at 1.25, VTT at 1.21 and give that a try. If that is good, then up it to 2400 and try. To test sticks it's best to rest individually (maybe 4-5 passes) with Memtest (latest version).

Tman

Comment

Thanks!

I will try that and let you know.

Yes well...I was building the fast beast I could get..Since that is the (almost) cutting edge processor, I thought it should be able to handle the cutting edge RAM...

So I should not use XMP? It automatically sets me at 2400, or 2399...the BIOS is updated and see these as 2356 (or something like that)..

I will let you know how it works out.
                              LFJ

Comment

Working...
                              X