Gigabyte GA-990X-Gaming SLI and F3-10666CL7D-8GBRH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigabyte GA-990X-Gaming SLI and F3-10666CL7D-8GBRH

The CPU I will be using is an AMD FX-4350.

I am hoping to get some help with initial settings for the memory. I will have the motherboard and a new Samsung M.2 NVME SSD to setup as the boot drive tomorrow.

I have an HP Spectre 13 product loan currently in my posession that has the same M.2 SSD. It has a boot time of 4.5-5 seconds from power button being pressed to Windows 10 sign in. The boot time impressed me so much that I decided to upgrade my desktop PC's current motherboard and boot disk.
    Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z / AMD FX-4350 @4.2 GHz / Corsair H70 H2O cooling / OCZ ModXstream 700W PSU / A-Data DDR3-213320Z (16GB)

Enable DOCP/XMP in BIOS and that should take care of settings automatically for the RAM. Let us know how it goes.

Comment

No need to up the voltage to 1.65? Or is that also done by setting everything to auto?

I should have the mobo and M.2 NVMe SSD by the weekend, depending on the post. I wil let you know how it went.
      Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z / AMD FX-4350 @4.2 GHz / Corsair H70 H2O cooling / OCZ ModXstream 700W PSU / A-Data DDR3-213320Z (16GB)

Comment

Why? Does the RAM have 1.65V on it?

Comment

Working...
        X