This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 – The Most Widely Available DDR4 Kit Available
    When Intel moved the launch of the X99 platform forward it caught some companies off guard, but one company that was more than ready for the launch was G.Skill. G.Skill had no less than 23 different DDR4 memory kits ready to sell on launch day! That is an impressive number of kits and if you are looking for a 16GB, 32GB or 64GB kit of four DDR4 modules the folks over at G.Skill will be more than happy to sell you a Ripjaws 4 DDR4 memory kit that is clocked at 2133MHz, 2400MHz, 2666MHz, 2800MHz, 3000MHz, 3200MHz, 3300MHz or even the World’s fastest memory kit at 3333MHz. G.Skill has by far the most impressive lineup of DDR4 memory modules by any company and they are priced very aggressively. Take a look at the nine 16GB DDR4 kits they are currently offering.

Comment

Originally posted by damric View Post
      FYI

Credit to http://www.overclock.net/t/1268061/o...t-club-gallery

Found out that my latest Ripjaws have those nice Samsung ICs.

That's awesome! Great info! Thanks for posting those numbers

Comment

Hello, I have an Intel chipset P55 board kit DP55WB LGA1156 with dual channel memory bus-1333/1066MHz and Intel states it must be Double-Sided to get to 16GB utilizing 4 DIMMs at 2GB memory technology. Today it works fine utilizing G.Skill F3-10666CL9D-4GBNQ 8GB (4x2048MB) DDR3 PC 10666 CL9 memory module 1333 in 4 DIMMs giving me a total of 8GB with these Single-Sided sticks. However I would like to bump this up to 16GB total RAM if possible without doing any damage.

Someone referred me to G.SKILL Value Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10600) Desktop Memory Model F3-10600CL9D-8GBNT (https://www.newegg.com/g-skill-8gb-2...82E16820231422) to accomplish this, but is this Double-Sided and would 4 of these give me 16GB if they were Double-Sided? Below screenshots is from Intel site giving specifications.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	RAM INFO.GIF
Views:	1143
Size:	15.9 KB
ID:	163717 Click image for larger version

Name:	FEATURE SUM.GIF
Views:	1068
Size:	13.7 KB
ID:	163718 Click image for larger version

Name:	SYS MEM.GIF
Views:	1110
Size:	35.2 KB
ID:	163719 Click image for larger version

Name:	MEM CONFIG.GIF
Views:	1101
Size:	24.1 KB
ID:	163720 Please let me know what you can. I wish I understood this more. THank you, greatly!

Comment

Yes, it is, only these two models will fulfill your requirements:

F3-10600CL9D-8GBNT
          F3-10666CL9D-8GBNT

Comment

Thank you so much for the response!!! Would it be a total of 4 sticks of the F3-10600CL9D-8GBNT to get this up to 16GB? The reason I ask is I was thinking these normally come in a dual set. Today with it working on 4 sticks of F3-10666CL9D-4GBNQ giving me 8GB total memory and all I had to do is plug them into the 4 DIMMs, boot up, and the system automatically acknowledged them. Do you think that will happen with this model - F3-10600CL9D-8GBNT as well? In other words will the system require me to tweak any settings or worse could the system screw up and I loose what I have on it.

Comment

Correct, you need two kits for 16GB.

The memory should be plug and play like the original kit since they are identical specifications other than capacity. There are no settings for capacity. Let us know how it goes.

Comment

IT WORKED LIKE A CHARM!!! Thank you so much! Used 2 sets of the F3-10666CL9D-8GBNT and now everything is registering as 16GB RAM. So appreciated!

Comment

OK, so I've read through all the details in this thread and couldn't find an answer. So if missed something, forgive me.

So I purchased 4 sticks of Gskill Trident 8GB ram, that I thought were identical. But apparently, are not.
                  2 of them have the model number:
                  F4-3600C18-8GTZR
                  and the other are are:
                  F4-3600C18-8GTZRX

What is the difference between these two? What does the X at the end of these model numbers mean? Thanks!

-Brian

Comment

The X at the end marks the kit as a model of the Trident Z RGB for AMD series:

https://www.gskill.com/products/1/16...Z-RGB-(For-AMD)

Press Release: https://www.gskill.com/community/150...ent-Z-RGB-Kits

The other one is part of the regular Trident Z RGB, which originally were Intel platforms only. The QVLs for both series have evolved a lot over time, so nowadays they don't really reflect the difference between both series anymore.
                    Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Buongiorno mi chiamo Giuseppe, da poco mi sono assemblato un nuovo PC con processore Ryzen 9 3900x , Scheda madre MSI MEG X570 ACE, e come Ram le G.Skill Kit memoria DIMM 16 GB DDR4-3600 F4-3600C16D-16GTZN, Trident Z ,
                      desideravo avere delle informazioni più specifiche riguardo queste RAM, per prima cosa volevo sapere queste RAM sono con Memorie Samsung B-Die ? ..... Spero tanto mi potete dare queste informazioni. Grazie

Comment

Based on their specs alone that is most certainly the case. You can verify it by checking them with Thaiphoon Burner.

Since it is kinda useful for questions like that, I'll shamelessly plug my own B-Die list at Hardwareluxx:

https://www.hardwareluxx.de/communit...06-20.1161530/
                        Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Working...
                        X