• Show
Clear All

• F3-12800CL10-8GBXL + i7-4770 + GA-Z87X-UD5TH

Hello, i have build my computer last week with these part :
    - Gigabyte Z87X-UD5TH Rev 1.1
    - Gigabyte R9 280x Windforce
    - 4x8Go de RAM G Skill, ref : F3-12800CL10-8GBXL
    - i7-4770

All the computer freeze after a short or long moment. That can append after 5 minutes or after 12 hours. For the moment never past 24h of uptime.

I have read on some forum this is a problem when 4 sticks of memory are installed.

I have try some configuration without success :
    - boost voltage (1,55 1,60 1,65)
    - with XMP or not.
    - Down frequency to 1333Mhz

Actually i have 21 hours of uptime (new record) with the option Memory stability mode Enhanced Stability (normal mode is : Normal), i think with that the motherboard under clock the FSB.

Somebody have the same problem ? There is a particular configuration to do ?

For information my main goal is not overclocking, it is stability and long time life of the computer because it is a working computer.

Best regards

Hello, I have make memtest and I have some errors.

The best way for test memory is to use de default settings XMP profil, 1,5V ?

The memory stick have only 4 days.

The problem can come from the motherboard or memory error can come only from memory sticks ?

Comment

your best bet is to enable xmp, manually raise voltage to 1.55v, and then run the test, but memtest is actually only for testing one stick at time. You mixed two kits and this is always a possibilty when you do so. Ensure you have the matching pairs in the same colored slots, not beside eachother as this could help stability. but it "should" work if you run them at higher voltage. I may have misread your post however. Did you buy 4 single sticks and are now running 32gb of 4 kits? this could even cause more issues you'll have to play with settings to see if you can get it stable.
      ASUS P8Z77-V LK / I5 3350P / 2X F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL Running @ 1866mhz / MSI GTX760 TF

Comment

Yes it is 4 8Gb single kit running in 32Gb.

If i understand only 32Gb kit should work correctly out of box ?

I have try boost voltage without success. Max i have try 1,65V

Actually i have try various situations : only 1 stick, 2 stick on same channel, 2 stick on dual channel mode. Only one crash when 2 stick are on channel B. With 3 or 4 sticks it is not stable various crash.

I have try every stick individually and they work correctly.

Comment

So if you only lut sticks in channel B it crashes? Have you tried the slots that make up channel b with one stick by themselves? You might have a bad slot... as for 32 gigs just working out of the box... well ummm 32 gb kit probably would have, once you buy 4 singles you've lowered those chances significantly. There is a reason 4x8gb kits cost more than 4 8gb sticks... testing has to be done in order to ensure all 4 work together.if channel b will boot on both slots alone then i suspect your sticks just dont like eachother. If they wont, ensure the slot is clean, if it is check the cpu socket for bent pins
          ASUS P8Z77-V LK / I5 3350P / 2X F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL Running @ 1866mhz / MSI GTX760 TF

Comment

Thank you for you help.

I have tested each slot individually with each stick individually. I can say all slot work and all stick work alone.

I have checked pins and nothing bent. I think channel A et B work because stick alone work so i have tested the two channels.

I have tested 2 x 8Gb on each channel and no crash after 35h so i think the two channels work and channel synchronisation work.

Only one crash with 2 sticks on channel B but only one and can't reproduce the problem.

The only last solution is the 4 sticks don't want work together. Perhaps need more power, i have try boost dram voltage to 1,65V without success but no other voltage parameters.

Comment

It may not be possible at all, but I would try setting the dram voltage to 1.55v (I know you tried higher but its not the only thing to change) additionally try raising the VCCSA .1v above whatever it is set to right now see if that helps. This is the memory controller voltage and could help stabilize things. My final suggestion (if this doesn't work) is to ebay the 4 sticks separately and buy yourself a 4x8gb kit. This will actually work together.

Comment

OK, i will try this.

I have find max value on over clocker forum System Agent +0,23, CPU I/O +0,2.

Actually i try gently with DRAM 1,55V, System Agent +0,5V and CPU I/O +0,5V.

If don't work i will put little more power.

Comment

Additionally if you haven't already update your bios, forgot if you had already done that or not, but it can help memory stability issues. I'm jumping between several places right now didn't have time to reread everything, if you already have ignore this post

Comment

They is only one bios F2 for the motherboard, i have find F3c beta bios but don't solve my issue.

I have try +0,05, +0,1, +0,15 for VCCSA, VCCIO et DRAM but not better.

I think i will change my memory for a validate kit gigabyte, no other choice.

Comment

yes everyone thinks "just add more memory exactly the same as what you have" but this doesn't guarantee it will work together. sounds like you have 4 functioning sticks, just not 4 that will function together. Return them if you can and get a 4 stick kit, or ebay them and use the money to buy a 4 stick kit either should work perfectly.

Comment

ok, i will do that.

in Gigabyte QVL i have find this reference : TridentX F3-2400c10Q-32GTX

I think i will try this kit.

Comment

That is a really awesome kit you will probably have to run them @2133 mhz since you do not have a k processor but you'll be able to run them at 2133 cl9 with less than 1.65v most likely

Comment

It can run a 1866 or 1600 if sticks prefer, my only priority is stability.

My computer need to work 24/7. I work in graphism, photo and video. I mainly need no crash after 3 hours passed on illustrator or 12h for a final cut pro x render.

If that work it's all i ask

Comment

Stability wont be the issue it will either boot, or not at 2400 and 2133, if it boots you're golden, if not then you might be able to get 1866 cl8 or 2133 cl9 out of them, perhals even better

Comment

Working...
                              X