Another F4-3200C16D-16GTZR thread /:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another F4-3200C16D-16GTZR thread /:

Hello all. So, as many others before me, I have having issues getting this particular ram to run at 3200MHZ. I was able to boot once at 3200 MHZ but the system eventually crashed and restarted.

I thought I had it stable at 3066MHZ but playing games has proved that thought to be incorrect. Games eventually crash when the ram is clocked at 3066MHZ. Besides manually entering the timings and ddr voltage, I also raised the SoC. The only thing that has for sure been stable is the “default” speed of 2133MHZ. This is of course disappointing. No one buys ram with the expectation that it will perform less than what it’s rated for.

Any input or advice would be greatly appreciated. Also, what is the safe limit of SoC voltage? I see most claim not to exceed 1.2 but someone in a certain official capacity has told me that I can raise it as much as I want until he system becomes unstable but that doesn’t seem like the best advice. Thank you in advance.

Gigabyte GA-AX370-Gaming K7
    Ryzen 1700X @ stock
    F4-3200C16D-16GTZR
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
    EVGA 850W SuperNOVA G2

DDR4-2933 is best with that combination.

The motherboard can not support full specs of the RAM

SoC should not need to exceed 1.2V for 3200, too much can cause instability as well. The proper amount should allow the system to be fully stable.

Comment

hi, i have same same ram, and managed to get it to 3333MHz :-)
      as for mobo i have asrock x370 fatal1ty gaming x
      in qvl they state 2933mhz supported in a2/b2 slots (a1/b1 is no go)
      as for 3000+ well that mobo is weird, it doesnt put 1.35volts to vddr, but only 1.25v which is visible in bios or with 3rd party tools (any)
      so setting up 1.45 in bios gives me ~1.35v for vddr (also reduce vtt to ~.068 as it should be half of vddr), setting soc to 1.2volts helps with post at 3000+
      im usingi it for month now and in windows its 100% stable, but there are some buts, sometimes it doesnt post (4/5 it works from cold boot, just sometimes it beeps), and also cant use ultra fast uefi boot, it doesnt post at all with that, otherwise its all ok, no bsod or random instability after post.

here are my low timings at 3333mhz :-)

and here aida64

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
        DDR4-2933 is best with that combination.

The motherboard can not support full specs of the RAM

SoC should not need to exceed 1.2V for 3200, too much can cause instability as well. The proper amount should allow the system to be fully stable.
        I appreciate the responce. I have recently given up hope on 3200mHz with this ram. I can get a boot but games and other things are not stable. I am wondering though, can you tell me if the new “x” variant works well with my board (x370 gaming k7)? Thank you.

Comment

Kerberos, you my friend are fortunate. I’m a little jealous but I am happy for you.

Comment

Working...
          X