Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which software can I use without corrupting SPD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BillB View Post
    If you go for the G.Skill LED RAM, and have an Asus motherboard, my advice is to not install any G.Skill LED control software and use Aura to control the LEDs. I don’t know what the options are if you are not using an Asus board. I think you can run Aura on systems with non-Asus motherboards, but probably not concurrently with another brand’s LED control software (Mystic Light or whatever). I have not had any problems doing it this way and running system monitoring software (HWiNFO64 and SIV anyway). YMMV....
    I'm running two sets of F4-3200C14D-16GTZR (4x 8GB) on the Gigabyte GA-AX370-GAMING K7. I'm using the Asus Aura Sync software (v1.05.28) to control the RAM LEDs, and the BIOS/UEFI to configure the motherboard LEDs. This combination has been working flawlessly for me, and I'm regularly using other SMBus-enabled apps like HWInfo, CPU-Z, etc.

The latest Gigabyte RGB Fusion software can also control the Trident Z RGB modules in a very basic way (solid colors, few effects), but from what little testing I did it didn't seem to work consistently. Also, I generally don't like installing ANY of the Gigabyte motherboard apps, as they frequently cause more problems than they're worth (primarily issues with DPC latency spikes, and some other general stability wonkiness.)

tl;dr: I have a Gigabyte motherboard and Asus Aura Sync works well on the Trident Z RGB for me (no other motherboard or lighting control apps installed), and I'm regularly using HWInfo, CPU-Z, etc.

Comment

Working...
    X