This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2-8500CL5D-4GBTD + GIGABYTE GA-MA78GM-S2H BIOS settings

These BIOS settings are ideal for running DDR2-1066 with the Trident Series.

In MIT,

DRAM Configuration (submenu)
    DDRII Timing - Manual
    CAS Latency - 5T
    RAS to CAS R/W Delay - 5T
    Row Precharge Time - 5T
    Minimum RAS Active Time - 15T
    1T/2T Command Timing - 2T
    TwTr Command Delay - 4T
    Trfc0 for DIMM1 - 127.5ns
    Trfc2 for DIMM2 - 127.5ns
    Trfc1 for DIMM3 - 127.5ns
    Trfc3 for DIMM4 - 127.5ns
    Write Recovery Time - 6T
    Precharge Time - 3T
    RAS to RAS Delay - 5T

Set Memory Clock - Manual
    Memory Clock - 1066
    DDR2 Voltage Control - +0.2V
    Northbridge Voltage Control - +0.1V

Save and exit and your computer should be running smoothly.

Thank you
    GSKILL SUPPORT
    Last edited by GSKILL TECH; 09-03-2009, 10:17 AM.

i tried but no luck

i noticed that my

TwTr Command Delay - is only upto 4T only

Precharge Time - 3T only

after seting it up as what you have said and including the limitations i mentioned above

the post will revert back to ddr2 800 and will load windows sucessfully.

Thanks,

Fern

Comment

My Settings

here are My settings that work

DDRII Timing - Manual
      CAS Latency - 5T
      Row Precharge Time - 5T
      TwTr Command Delay - 4T
      Write Recovery Time - 6T
      Precharge Time - 3T
      RAS to RAS Delay - 5T

Memory Clock - 1066

The reason for the reboot is Trfc0-3. He tested this only with one dimm in slot 1. if you have multiple or different slot you need to set them all to 127.5ns

Comment

Setting for Gigabyte GA M78US2H

I bought the Tridents rated at 1066MHz but I am not sure what settings to use with my motherboard.

Also I am not being able to figure out the settings for the RAM timings. Seems like there are no settings available to adjust those, in my motherboard.

Comment

Not sure of your mobo, is it the GA-MA785GM-US2H?

If so sticks go in slots 1,2 (Yellow)

your settings will be 5-5-5-15, command rate 2T, DRAM voltage 1.8, entered manually

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
            Not sure of your mobo, is it the GA-MA785GM-US2H?

If so sticks go in slots 1,2 (Yellow)

your settings will be 5-5-5-15, command rate 2T, DRAM voltage 1.8, entered manually
            here is the link to my board: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813128379 (Didn't know that it has been deactivated now :P)
            I am using OCZ Vanquisher CPU cooler, I am unable to fit those sticks in the yellow slots. The Cooler fins won't allow that so i am using the red ones (should that matter actually ? )

BTW the ram is either DOA or something is terribly wrong with the settings.

I am all AUTO settings except the memory multiplier which defaults at 4 (for 800MHz), which I changed to 5.33 so that RAM speed becomes 1066MHz, as shown in the BIOS.

But this thing crashes at the windows boot screen itself. The system goes into an infinite loop and I am unable to see the desktop.

I used memtest 3.7 from an old ubuntu CD to check the RAM. I got lot (yes really lot) of errors in just 5 minutes of test run.

I tried bumping the voltage by 0.1 and 0.2V but that didn't help me. (Although I could increase the voltage by another 0.1V but I am skeptical if that will work).

Also i would need some pointers on how to manually change the RAM timings. Sounds strange but i was unable to find any settings in my BIOS. (I don't really rely on memset.)

Please help. I sold my older Pi Blacks for peanuts and bought these, hoping for a big performance boost. Don't make me feel that I made fool of myself (knowing that I paid a big premium to get these RAMs)
            Last edited by vasishta.sushant; 09-28-2009, 02:40 AM.

Comment

Bad news, I think it the motherboard, I have gone through 3 sets of ram( 2 g-skill 1 viper) and none of them can run at 533, I've even gone through 2 motherboards. But same errors. I don't think this motherboard supports 533 correctly, even though it says it does.

Comment

The mobo stays its can support upto 1200 so 1066 shouldn't be of any trouble. I used to run my Pi Blacks *800MHz) at 960 easily.

Now I am stuck with bad sticks.

Comment

Ok I left everything to auto except few voltage settings. Increased the DDR voltage to 2.0V and the northbridge voltage by 0.1V.

Also changed the memory multiplier to 5.33.

The system booted and I could see the desktop now. Even the CPU-Z showed the memory frequency as 534MHz. But the CL Settings were 5 7 7 20.

I tried changing those using Memset (followed the advice from the GSkill tech guys). The system restarted after application and kept crashing. Again the older 5 7 7 20 defaults were loaded.

I was kinda ok since at least the RAM was working on 1066 somehow (something for which I paid).

The movies worked fine in the KMPlayer (ran few HD movies).

I thought everything was fine but as soon as I started running Resident Evil, the game crashed with BSOD sayin something like IRQL_LESS_THAN_OR_EQUAL.

Finally I gave up and used the normal 800MHz settings, no voltage bumps, changed the FSB by a bit and the RAM is now running at some 960MHz. Things work just fine now. But I am terribly disappointed.

This all was waste. I feel like selling those and getting back my old Pi Blacks 6400.

Comment

Do you have the latest BIOS? F10 8/12/2009 Can be found here:

http://www.gigabyte.us/Support/Mothe...2758#anchor_os

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Try increasing memory voltage to 2.1V to see if that will get rid of the BSODs.

Thank you
                      GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

What should the Row Cycle Time be set to?

Comment

Worked Fine

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
                          These BIOS settings are ideal for running DDR2-1066 with the Trident Series.

In MIT,

DDRII Timing - Manual
                          CAS Latency - 5T
                          Row Precharge Time - 5T
                          TwTr Command Delay - 4T
                          Write Recovery Time - 6T
                          Precharge Time - 3T
                          RAS to RAS Delay - 5T

Memory Clock - 1066

Save and exit and your computer should be running smoothly.

Thank you
                          GSKILL SUPPORT
                          Those settings worked great but I don't have Trident series, I have the light blue ones. I have v1.1 of the board with BIOS F11 and a Phenom II x2 545. Also running a GeForce 8800GTS 640. Sweet.
                          Tony

Comment

Working...
                          X