Congrats G.Skill You did it again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats G.Skill You did it again

3rd Trident Z RGB kit once again today lost its programming, upon a restart I got a message from my bios saying memory had changed, my thoughts to that was "no its not" so I entered the bios only to discover, once again, XMP has disappeared off one of my sticks of ram and therefore XMP isnt available anymore.

I think after 3 kits now all doing the same thing, I dont think i'll bother with G.skill anymore, used there ram for years, but to have 3 kits do the same thing is ridiculous, I dont hear any other manufacturers ram having this problem.

I think its about time you gave people instructions on how to re-program / re-flash sticks of ram themselves, as I have original SPD data backed up, I just dont know how to flash it to the sticks.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Jamin280672; 05-26-2017, 09:45 PM.

Dont worry, figured it out finally after days of studying it, ive re-written the XMP profile to the faulty stick and once again its working fine, if anyone else needs to do this, you need to purchase the full version of Thaipoon burner at $16

http://imgur.com/yvYzxwj

http://imgur.com/vvdycNJ
    Last edited by Jamin280672; 05-27-2017, 02:12 AM.

Comment

Please email your hardware specs, BIOS, and software versions to techsupport@gskill.com

Clearly there is some sort of compatibility issue that causes the problems. With that information we can test and see what's going on.

Thank you

Comment

Well my Hardware specs have changed 3 times, but its happened on all 3 systems, although they are all AM4 boards.

Gigabyte AB350m Gaming 3, 2 kits broke, I was on the first edition bios F1

Msi B350m Mortar, no failed kits, but didnt have it long enough to I guess.

MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon, 1 set broke, but this time I fixed it myself using Thaiphoon burner, on the latest bios 15.

The rest of the specs is an R7 1700 @ 3.9ghz, G.skill Trident Z RGB 3200mhz (F4-3200C16-GTZR) Hynix chips, THe X370 motherboard listed above, Custom water cooling, Sapphire RX480 Nitro+ 8gb, 2 x Samsung Evo 960 nvme 250gb each in RAID0 and an external Hard drive.

Also to note, im running my kit at 2933mhz currently, sometimes it will work at 3200mhz but not all of the time, also, ive never pushed the RAM voltage over 1.35v, CPU is at 1.375v and NB is at 1.100v

Comment

It is very important to have the latest BIOS, Trident Z RGB software, and use the correct memory slots.

Especially with the memory kit not officially supported, additional tweaking may be necessary.

Try adjusting DRAM Voltage slightly higher to see if that can help. Some times the set value is lower than the actual supplied value to avoid over Voltage.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamin280672 View Post
            Dont worry, figured it out finally after days of studying it, ive re-written the XMP profile to the faulty stick and once again its working fine, if anyone else needs to do this, you need to purchase the full version of Thaipoon burner at $16

http://imgur.com/yvYzxwj

http://imgur.com/vvdycNJ
            I hope you sent G.Skill the bill for Thaipoon along with a notice as to why you expect them to pay it. I am starting to think that G.Skill needs to pull this memory from the market until they can actually sort out the issues with the programming and offer customers that bought the RAM a full refund for the RAM kits they purchased.
            Work-in-progress

AMD Ryzen 7 1700X
            Arctic Cooling Freezer 360
            Asus Crosshair VI Hero
            32GB (4X8) F4-3600C15D-16GTZ - G.Skill took too long getting their act together with their RGB RAM!
            2X Sapphire Nitro+ RX 580 8GB
            Samsung EVO 960 500GB
            3X Seagate 3TB SATA3/7,200RPM
            LG 16X Blu-Ray/DVD Writer
            SilverStone Strider 1200 Watt
            Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Tempered

Comment

Yeah I doubt G.Skill is going to pay the $16 Thaiphoon Burner fee. They still will not even offer refunds to those who have patiently waited and have decided to move on. The Thaiphoon Burner author must be enjoying this. He is probably getting more upgrade payments in the last 2 weeks than the last 2 years !

Comment

BillB you got that right, That guy should be paying G.Skill a royalty for all of this business! What a great partnership.
                Last edited by QuantumsEdge; 06-09-2017, 06:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X