G.SKILL TECH FORUM

Go Back   G.SKILL TECH FORUM ? Product Discussion ? DDR3 ? BIOS Configuration for INTEL Motherboards

BIOS Configuration for INTEL Motherboards Discuss BIOS/EFI Configuration for specific INTEL motherboards

Old 11-03-2017, 01:48 PM

amsterdamn is reading into overclocking
Default F3-2400C10D-16GTX + ASUS Z97 PRO GAMER + i5-4460 @stock

Hello.

Windows 10 Pro
ASUS Z97 PRO GAMER
Intel i5-4460
F3-2400C10D-16GTX
MSI RX 480 8 Gb. Gaming X

I have set 2x8Gb., activated the XMP profile and the computer starts up and runs normally. The problem comes when it comes to playing. Many games, after a while, some at half an hour, others at the hour, but always keeping the interval close and Windows shows the window that the application has been closed and is looking for a solution.
I've passed the Memtest and the memoirs are error-free. The computer normally turns on, does not freeze, does not display BSOD.
What's the problem?

Sorry for my english.

Thanks in advance.
Old 11-06-2017, 02:02 PM
Administrator

GSKILL TECH has disabled reputation

Manually set to a lower frequency like 2133 or 1866 to see if it can work better.

The new G.Skill Overclocking Section!

http://www.gskill.us/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=43

Last edited by GSKILL TECH; 11-16-2017 at 07:31 PM.
Old 11-08-2017, 02:38 AM

Lower the memory frequency to 2933 or 2800? But they're 2,400! Hahaha. Never mind, I got the message.
The truth is that now I think the problem is not the memories, but the AMD drivers of the graphics card. In the AMD forum there are a lot of people complaining about my same problems, it seems that from the Windows 10 update to Fall Creators Update. It was a coincidence to change my 8 gb. at 1333MHz for 16 Gb. from G SKill to 2400MHz and get the Windows update with AMD driver problems. In order to mitigate the problem I have had to install, by recommendation in that forum, the drivers with date of July.
It seems that there is no error and the games don't close randomly during the game, but I have to keep on making more tests.
In a few days I'll tell you how the tests went.

Sorry for my english (Traductor)

Thanks in advance.
Old 11-16-2017, 02:46 AM

After testing several current games and checking in the AMD forums that I'm not the only one with these problems, I've come to the conclusion that the problems have appeared after upgrading from Windows 10 to Fall Creators Update. After this update, AMD drivers have started to experience these problems in many people, but not only the latest, but several versions behind those drivers continue to give occasional problems especially when playing. On the recommendation of an AMD forum user, the most stable version is 17.7.1, and indeed, this version works perfectly. We will be waiting for both AMD and Microsoft to fix these bugs in the AMD card drivers as soon as possible.

Therefore, my G. Skill F3-2400C10D-16GTX (2x8gb.) work perfectly at the prescribed speed by activating the XMP profile in my Asus Z97 PRO GAMER along with my Intel i5-4460 @stock.

Sorry for my english (Traductor)

Thanks for the help.