Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you for the reply. Just to clarify, I was running 4X1GB g.skill 8500 sticks up until a week ago, then upgraded to 4X2GB sticks while keeping the MCH at 1.10V which I Prime95 tested for stability. I just would caution those with the EP45-UD3P rev 1.1 running the F10 bios that 1.40V may not be necessary and they may want to gradually step up the MCH from 1.10V until their problems are resolved. Jumping to 1.40V right off the bat was unbootable for me. I don't have experience with the rev 1.6 Mobo, so I can't speak to that.

Granted, some folks may not be using a higher-end (or rather, sufficient) PSU, but if that were the case they should probably look into upgrading the PSU before pushing the MB to over compensate for the lack of "clean & steady" power which may be causing stability issues. Probably not the right forum for that rant :P. A good PSU costs less than 8GB of DDR2 these days.

Comment

• I agree fully. Having built a few UD3Ps I seldom had to up to 1.4 but remember doing so a few times. I generally go up slow, but oft times here it can work better forus to start at a higher voltage then have them go down, so they see positive results sooner and then lower thing while keeping stable, drives some folks crazy to go up .01 or even .02 at a time from 1.05 or 1.1 and end up having to go to 1.38 or 1.4 getting crash after crash and maybe haveing to reset everything each time - especially if they have a RAID installed

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
      X