No announcement yet.

F3-17000CL11D-8GBSR and EVGA z68 SLI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is combined with the VCCIO, so in that case try 1.2 on the VCCIO, if it boots and is stable can try decreasing it .01 at a time while maintaining stability

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Tried raising the VCCIO to 1.2 with the DIMM Voltage at 1.6 and 1.65 CPU Multiplier at 42 and still wouldn't boot. I didn't try 44 because the processor fails Prime95 in seconds so 42 is as high as I can go.

Here is a link to all the screenshots of the BIOS with the only changes from stock being the Memory Multiplier at 1867 instead of auto and the CPU multiplier at 42 instead of auto.
      http://s261.photobucket.com/albums/i...utjoe528/BIOS/

Comment

What are the current timings being used?

They should look like this:

tCL 11
        tRCD 11
        tRP 11
        tRAS 30
        tRRD 6
        tWR 14
        tRTP 7
        tWTR 7
        tRFC 174
        tFAW 24

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Ok with those timings
          tCL 11
          tRCD 11
          tRP 11
          tRAS 30
          tRRD 6
          tWR 14
          tRTP 7
          tWTR 7
          tRFC 174
          tFAW 24
          and the Command rate of 2, the Dimm Voltage at 1.6 and 1.65, and the VCCIO at 1.1, 1.15, and 1.2 it stays running for about a minute with nothing on the screen before shutting down and restarting until i reset the BIOS. It also gives a code of 31 on the motherboard which is Memory Installed.

Comment

If the CPU fails at 4.4 it might be a CPU or mobo problem, I'll drop GSkill Tech a note to check back on this

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Ok I have a coworker who has an extra z68 gigabyte motherboard laying around so I am going to try that over the weekend and see if it doesn't work. I will post back after I have tried it.

Comment

May want to check if it has the most current UEFI. IF it has been updated you can try using XMP.

Comment

Good thought from Intelguy, we'll be waiting to hear

Tman

Comment

Finally got it all installed and it seems to be working I have the CPU at 4.2Ghz and put the ram with XMP profile 2. Boots up just fine and made it through 2 passes in memtest so I am gonna buy this board off of my coworker and call it good. Thanks again for all the help.

Comment

Glad all worked out, sorry bout the bad luck w/ the other mobo. Keep in touch

Tman

Comment

I have the same problem here. I also have an EVGA Z68 SLI board, i7 2600k CPU and the same memory. 1866 is able to run no problem but getting to 2133 does not work. From what I have been reading on other forums is that it is almost impossible to achieve, not sure why. Will be monitoring this post though as there seems to be some good feedback.

Comment

It may be a problem with the BIOS, you guys might want to contact EVGA, there doesn't seem to be this problem w/ other brands

Tman

Comment

Working...
                          X