Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Ram speed is Best? Look here for the Benchmarks!!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sometimes people are overwhelmed and sometimes people have a hard time taking anything on some of the gammer sites at face value. Sometimes people do not have endless hours pouring through questionable material.
    I'd rather rely on you the experts at my manufacturers site.

My system has worlded flawlessly since Feb. I use it for photoshop and lightroom and not running endless benchmarks. I'm very happy with the gskill product.

Comment

Thanks for good test
      What is your prosprorous star ?

Comment

memories like the corner of my mind

anyway this is my setup and i'm probably not in the right spot, first post. ga-ex58-ud5-930 cpu- g.skill f3-16000cl9d-4gbpi-b- 3 480 cards in sli of course. Finally got this ram to run at rated speed 2000mhz with the 930 oc to 4.0 finally but i'm a little scared of the voltage on my cpu to get there. 1.44. had to raise votage on ram to 2.0 with a 9-9-9-27. Now it's been running pretty stable for a couple of weeks now. only thing my sleep mode hangs every once in awhile and sometimes i get green flashing bars on the screen while playing games but other than that i'm pretty sastisfied.
        Last edited by cisco-red; 11-10-2011, 07:52 AM. Reason: added info.

Comment

memories like the corner of my mind

anyway this is my setup and i'm probably not in the right spot, first post. ga-ex58-ud5-930 cpu- 8 gigs g.skill f3-16000cl9d-4gbpi-b- 3 480 cards in sli of course. Finally got this ram to run at rated speed 2000mhz with the 930 oc to 4.0 finally but i'm a little scared of the voltage on my cpu to get there. 1.44. had to raise votage on ram to 2.0 with a 9-9-9-27. Now it's been running pretty stable for a couple of weeks now. only thing my sleep mode hangs every once in awhile and sometimes i get green flashing bars on the screen for a couple seconds while playing games but other than that i'm pretty sastisfied.

Comment

For everyday use, I'd be a little worried too. The rated vCore max is 1.375 for the 930 so I'd keep it to that or slightly higher for everyday computing. 1.4 is about the maximum I'dsay without extensive Overclocking experience. Keep an eye on your temps. Might try lowering the the vCore some and raising the QPI/VTT a little to help cut the vCore voltage

Comment

Hmmm...never saw this before. As far as I am concerned, op's findings are still true. At least with the same set of RAM I have been using. Time to scour the interwebs for moar oc comparisions.

Comment

Working...
              X