Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which ram should i pick for best OC

Hey guys,

I was wondering if you could help me pick my RAM. I have gigabyte x99 ultra gaming motherboard and 5820k cpu. My main goal is to OC the cpu as much as possible as ill do a lot of gaming and heavy rendering.

These are my options:

1)F4-3200C16D-32GVK

2) F4-3200C16D-16GVK

3) F4-3200C16D-16GVKB

Thank you

CPU OC is not tied to memory overclocking, so in that regard either kit would be fine. Out of those three F4-3200C16D-32GVK should offer the best stock performance at XMP settings.

However for a quad channel platform i would go with a quad kit instead, to utilize all four channels and not waste the additional bandwidth.
    Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Originally posted by emissary42 View Post
      CPU OC is not tied to memory overclocking, so in that regard either kit would be fine. Out of those three F4-3200C16D-32GVK should offer the best stock performance at XMP settings.

However for a quad channel platform i would go with a quad kit instead, to utilize all four channels and not waste the additional bandwidth.
      Thanks for fast reply emissary42

Does that mean that I don't need 3200 speed on my ram? Im really noobie when it comes to making pc really. Could you recommend me some others too and I'll see if I can get them?
      The most important thing for me is to OC as much as possible, even tho I've never done OC in my life lol.

Thank you

Comment

https://www.gskill.com/en/configurat...276&model=2807

Comment

Thanks for this.

Is the number of Mhz important or not for CPU overclock? I would want to overclock my 5820k to the max.

Thanks

Comment

No, get any kit 3200 or lower and it will be great.

Comment

Working...
            X