Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what skylake mobo's are you guys having success with?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what skylake mobo's are you guys having success with?

I need to update anyway and would like one that works best with the parts i have. i'm hearing the software is asus based so i'm guessing their mobo/bios would be the most compatible?

was thinking about going to z270
    Last edited by TheProcess; 04-20-2017, 06:31 AM.

I'm having success on my Asus Z170S Sabertooth paired with an i7-7700k and 4x TridentZ 2400MHz
    Intel i7-7700k
    32GB (4x8) TridentZ RGB 2400MHz
    Asus Sabertooth Z170S
    GTX 1080ti
    MegaRAID 9265-8i Controller
    2x 10TB HDD RAID1
    4x 200GB SSD RAID5

Comment

Originally posted by TheProcess View Post
      I need to update anyway and would like one that works best with the parts i have. i'm hearing the software is asus based so i'm guessing their mobo/bios would be the most compatible?

was thinking about going to z270
      ASUS Aura Mobos can control this RAM without the G.Skill software. If I were to do it over again I'd go with an ASUS mobo and skip the G.Skill software until they get it figured out.

And I'm losing hope that G.Skill will figure it out and that it will take mobo manufacturer support before this RAM RGB stuff works for me (on a Gigabyte mobo). So, since ASUS already supports it you'd be WAY ahead of the game.
      Gigabyte Z270 Gaiming 7 (GA-Z270X Gaiming 7) BIOS F4
      Intel i5 7600k
      Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 G1 (GV-N1070G1 GAIMING-8GD)
      4x G.Skill Trident Z RGB (DDR4 2400 - PC4 19200)
      1TB Samsung 960 EVO
      Win10 Home 64bit

Comment

Of course it takes mobo manufacturer, the mobo is controlling the RAM. We are working with each company for updates ASAP, we can't fix it alone, it is not a stand alone G.Skill problem we can quickly fix over night. Each chip set, motherboard, and version can all change compatibility so it can take some time to resolve the issues.

We appreciate the patience

Comment

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming G1 with GSkill Software 1.00.08 is working well. (1.00.16 only work for Dimm1+2+3 , Dimm4 is not working)

Comment

Working...
          X