Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ares F3-2133C9D-8GAB 2133MHz 8GB (2x4GB) with ASUS Crosshair V Formula

Hello there,

today I received a kit of G.Skill Ares F3-2133C9D-8GAB 2133MHz 8GB (2x4GB) Low Profile and I own an ASUS Crosshair V Formula with a Phenom II 3.6 GHz X4 975 BE. When I went to the EZ Advanced BIOS setting I modified from Auto to D.O.C.P. then I did put XMP Profile #0 that is 2133 MHz with 1.5-1.65V and I had the Memory Frequency setting showing 2148 MHz. My system didn't boot up so I went there again and had Memory Frequency setting placed in Auto mode and the system loaded up pretty fine but AI Suite II shows me that the memory frequency is much lower than the 2133 O.C. I wanna hit.
    Question is: how do I have to set my BIOS to hit them? Is it possible with my configuration or just my CPU can't handle it?
    PS: I've already manually handled the CAS Latency settings to 9-11-10-28 2N (2T) but with no success.

Thanks in advance and for more infos feel free to ask and I will tell more.

Francesco

With a 975 you might be able to run at 1866, if not then 1600. AMDs top of the 8350 is realistically rated UP TO 1866 AT 1 DIMM PER CHANNEL (with 4GB sticks), think the 975 is rated up to 1333 (though the 965 Rev C3 and the 975 both seem comfortable at 1600 (Here's a link to their CPU's DRAM freq guide

http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles...encyguide.aspx

Think I'd try initially at 1866 with the stock timings, 2T/2N, DRAM at 1.56 and raise the CPU/NB voltage about + 0.10

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Dear Tradesman, thank you for the quick reply. I'll give it a try and follow your precious suggestions. Meanwhile and according to the CPU-Z validation link, can you please tell me what is the MHz speed I'm reaching now because I really don't get it.

Thanks in advance.

Francesco.
      Last edited by ghost79; 03-22-2013, 12:55 AM. Reason: missed link

Comment

Right now you are at 1779.2 +/-, since it's DDR3 (Double data rate) you take the freq times two to see the effective, it will show the freq running in the Memory tab of CPU-Z

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Use this to achieve DDR3-1866:

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=11742

Then you just need to raise CPU Host Frequency and CPU-NB Voltage to go higher.

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
          X