Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-2400C11D-16GXM Asus ROG Crossblade Ranger AMD A10-7870K Godavari

Hi,

I have 2 packs of the F3-2400C11D-16GXM that I am trying to get to run on Windows 7 64bit. I can get the system to run with just one set (16gig). But trying to use all 4 chips Windows immediately boots into startup recovery and fails. I'm using the DOCP setting in the BIOS to set the memory speed to 2400mhz.

Any suggestions?

Thank you,
    -Steven

Does it work with either set by itself?

Since you are already on one of the better boards for high speed memory on FM2+, it is probably the IMC that cannot keep up with four modules at that speed. It is only specced for DDR3-2133 with two modules and the higher load from an additional two at DDR3-2400 might be too much.
    Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Yes, both sets seem to work fine individually. I have tested that trying to determine if any were defective. Running the BIOs MemTest on all chips individually passes.

So it's likely the board can't handle 4 chips at that speed then?

Comment

The Crossblade is already a very good choice for high speed memory, among the best even. It is likely not an MB issue; the IMC = integrated memory controller is part of the CPU itself.
        Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Gotcha, good point. I've put all 4 chips in and set the speed to 2133 and Windows has booted right up. I looked up the specs of the the AMD A10-7870K and it notes a memory speed of 2133, so you are probably right.

Thank you.

Comment

You can try boosting the CPU-NB Voltage to see if it can handle DDR3-2400. But especially with two separate kits, it may not be easy.

Comment

Working...
            X