Ideal Config F3-12800CL9D-8GBXM on Asus M5A78L LE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ideal Config F3-12800CL9D-8GBXM on Asus M5A78L LE

Hi folks I've put these memos on my rig, expecting they would work fine, but when I opened CPU-Z the timings were higher than the announced.

The timings 11-11-11-28 and 1.50v. So I changed them in my BIOS to 9-9-9-24 1.35v and the tRC to 33. So I need more informations to how set the other values correctly. Here's a print of my BIOS.

This looks good, would suggest taking DRAM voltage to 1.4 (possibly even a bit more), most AMD rigs don't take well to low voltage sticks

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
      This looks good, would suggest taking DRAM voltage to 1.4 (possibly even a bit more), most AMD rigs don't take well to low voltage sticks
      Thanks for the reply, and what about all the others settings, I don't need to change??
      Now I setted the DRAM voltage to 1.42, before was 1.35v and I didn't noticed any instability on the system.

Do you recommend any software to test the stability? Like prime95?

Comment

Prime's good, some run it a short time (a few hours), I try to start it when I go to bed, that way it will run 5-6 hours, others run it 10-12 or more which I feel is overkill, but to each his own. If stable w/ prime, can probably try tightening down on the timings, don't think you'll see much of a boost with any except if you can tighten the CL to 8 or possibly the CR to 1T

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
          Prime's good, some run it a short time (a few hours), I try to start it when I go to bed, that way it will run 5-6 hours, others run it 10-12 or more which I feel is overkill, but to each his own. If stable w/ prime, can probably try tightening down on the timings, don't think you'll see much of a boost with any except if you can tighten the CL to 8 or possibly the CR to 1T
          I left my pc running prime95 through the entire night, and it did well, stable as a rock.

Thanks for the advice.
          Last edited by codekarllo; 11-30-2012, 12:27 PM.

Comment

No problem, have fun and keep in touch!

Tman

Comment

Working...
            X