Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-17000CL11D-8GBSR and EVGA z68 SLI

Hello

I recently purchased 2 sets of sniper 2133 F3-17000CL11D-8GBSR memory and I can't get it to run at 2133. My motherboard is a EVGA z68 SLI with the latest BIOS update from EVGA. When ever I reset the BIOS it defaults to DDR3 1600 and I can run it at DDR3 1867 with no problems. However when I set it to run XMP profile 1 or 2 nothing shows up on the screen and the motherboard comes up with a error 2F which is memory initialization (other). If I try to set the timings manually to 11-11-11-30 at 1.6v it shuts down then tries to power up before shutting back down before it posts constantly repeating until I reset the BIOS. I have also tried changing the Command Rate from 1 to 2 and upping the VCCIO from auto to 1.1 with no effect. I ran memtest version 4.2 for two and a half hours with no errors as well.

My complete setup is
    EVGA z68 SLI
    16GB G Skill sniper ram
    Intel Core i5 2550K at 4.2Ghz
    60 GB Intel SSD
    2 750 GB Hard Drives in RAID 0
    850 Watt Power Supply
    2 Nvidia Geforce 260 in SLI
    2 optical drives (1 Bluray 1 DVD)

Thanks in advance for any help.

Anytime you mix two sets of DRAM it can be problematic, especiall at high freq/high quantity, XMP won't work with two sets, so you can try it manually, disable XMP, input the freq and timings manually, CR at 2T, set DRAM voltage to 1.65 (for now), VCCIO (memory controller) voltage to 1.15 and give it a try.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Ok I tried the settings you gave me and it started doing its power on power off thing that it was doing before. So I took out the second set that I bought and tried the settings on just the first set and windows started to load then blue screened and rebooted. When I tried the second set by its self it did the same thing except instead of a blue screen it just went straight back to loading the BIOS.

Comment

With only the one set did you try it with XMP enabled and the 2133 profile

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Just got done trying that. On both sets when I set it to xmp profile 1 at auto speed and 2133 nothing appeared on the screen and a code 2F (memory initialization other) was on the motherboard. On xmp profile 2 at auto and 2133 nothing appeared on the screen and it gave a code 22 which isn't listed in the installation guide for the motherboard so it could also just be a temperature.

Comment

If the other set does the same thing, you can run Memtest on each stick but sounds more like a mobo/BIOS problem - might check with the mobo manufacturer and see if they have any suggestions or know if there is a new or Beta BIOS on the way

Tman

Comment

Ok I will try to get a hold of EVGA I ran memtest for 8 hours last night with no errors.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Sounds like a plan, I just got in and doesn't look like GSkill Tech made it in today, let me know what you find out

Tman

Comment

Strange, test one module at a time to see if you can achieve DDR3-2133. Which slots are you using when testing two? Have you tried the other two slots?

4 modules, 16GB, works fine at DDR3-1866?

Thank you
                  GSKILL TECH

Comment

Ok I tested each stick on its own with auto voltages and timings of 11-11-11-30 Command rate 2 on a custom profile and the speed set to 2133. Each stick was able to boot windows and completed one pass in memtest with no errors.

When I only have two sticks in I am using slots 1 and 3. I have not tested the others but I will later. Also when I was testing each stick individually they were in slot 1.

And yes with all 4 sticks in I set the speed to 1867 with the standard SPD profile and standard voltages and it runs no problem.

Comment

Might try at 4.4 and/or raise VCCSA to 1.1.....also look at your DRAM advanced timings, with your mobo, think it should be on the order of

tWR 15
                      tRRD 6
                      tWTR 7
                      tRTP 7
                      tFAW 26
                      tRFC 170

if you try these jot down what they are at now and let me know (and so you'll have a backup, I'm guessing in particular the tRFC may be off

Tman

Comment

Alright I am not sure what you mean by 4.4 and I am assuming VCCSA is the same as VCCIO.

I set the timings to what you gave me and the DIMM voltage to 1.6 and 1.65 and the VCCIO to 1.1 and 1.15 both times it just showed nothing on the screen which is better than before when it was shutting down. The display on the motherboard was either 26 or 2b if its 2b it stands for Memory Initialization SPD data reading.

The timings before I changed them were:

tCL 11
                        tRCD 11
                        tRP 11
                        tRAS 28
                        tRRD 5
                        tWR 12
                        tRTP 6
                        tWTR 6
                        tRFC 128
                        tFAW 24
                        IO Latency Control Channel A 1 / Channel B 2
                        Round Trip Latency Channel A 39 / Channel B 40
                        Command Rate COntrol 1

Comment

Raise CPU multiplier to 44 or 4.4GHz, the VCCSA (System Agent Voltage) is different from the VCCIO which is the MC (Memory controller) voltage

Tman

Comment

Ok I raised the multiplier to 44, used the timings you posted and upped the DIMM Voltage and VCCIO and got the same result. Also there is no VCCSA voltage setting in my BIOS. All I have is CPU Vcore, DIMM Voltage, DIMM DQ Vref, CPU VCCIO, PCH Voltage and CPU PLL VCore.

Comment

Could find a manual, could you post screen shots of your BIOS screens? mainly the DRAM settings and system voltages - if you have a usb drive as each screen is up, you can hit the F12 key and it will sava an image to the USB, if the UEFI BIOS is written right

Tman

Comment

Working...
                              X