Clear All

• More Spammers

GSkill,

NEW 18 JUNE :

Pair of SPAMs in the DDR2 forum from 4068967762
    Spam in the SSD forum from Jisaeageway

milke492 spamming in the DDR3 forum
    " " " " RMA " (4)

think they may know you're not around on weekends?

Sunday

ShakhtarrDon spamming on SSD forum
    Last edited by Tradesman; 06-18-2009, 06:16 PM.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

I visit the Corsair and OCZ support forum and this is the only one that gets these stupid spam posts. I think 90% of the viewers access this board on the weekends and we need a moderator to keep the spam cleaned out. My vote goes to the Tradesman

Comment

My original suggestion on this being a sticky apparently was ignored, but still think it's a good idea, that way all forum users can help the administrators know when SPAM is on the forums and they can get rid of those users quickly and get things cleaned up faster.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Go to check the forums today only to find a ton of new listings, basically all of which are SPAMs across the different topics. This is rapidly becoming nothing more than a board for spammers, not a place to get assistance from others and occasionally GSkill. Apparently GSkill doesn't care. They disappear for days on end and refuse to appoint a moderator that could help keep things cleaned up.

So much for their advertising about quality and customer service being their highest priorities, if that were true they'd be monitoring and improving the forums and their support operation.

Disgusted
        Tman

General Discussions:

abjnfxye (4)

DDR3

abjnfxye (2)

DDR2

abjnfxye (2)

DDR

abjnfxye (2)

SSD

abjnfxye (2)

Also in the 1st 3 RMA forums
        Last edited by Tradesman; 06-20-2009, 07:54 PM. Reason: More spmming

Tman

Comment

abjnfxye returned again, must not have anything better to do

Tman

Comment

Yes, this is sad ! i us to enjoy checking this board every day to see if i could add a little support. Sorry i don't plan to visit much any more, it is to frustrating sifting thru the crap

Comment

Our hours of operation are Monday - Friday 8AM - 5PM Pacific Standard Time

During these hours, we check the forum regularly to filter spam, authorize forum accounts, and simply maintain the forum. On weekends we simply have to approve all pending users since many would like to update their firmware or post on the forum immediately. As a result, during the weekends a lot of spam will pop up but once we get into office Monday morning, all will be cleared.

We apologize if this causes any inconvenience, but we are working on a new website so that all firmware updates and such can be directly downloaded from our website. Until we have that completed, all firmwares will have to be downloaded from the Official G.Skill forum; consequently, all pending users can not be thoroughly filtered and thus leading to spam.

We understand that this is an issue, and we will have it resolved as soon as we can.

Thank you
              GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Why not, in the interim (while you design a whole new web site), throw up a page on your current site with the downloads, add an open sticky in the forums (highlighted in color and bold) that provides links to your current website and the new page you throw up with the downloads, since anyone, even a new possible member can read the postings and click on links, this would eliminate the need for 'rushing' the adding/'filtering' of new members, which has long been a problem here anyway, long before any firmware downloads were ever available. I know of people that signed up to be new members months ago and have never been added. It can be done in no time at all.
                (and wouldn't a New Web site fall under the responsibility of programming staff as opposed to support staff, it sounds as if the responsibility for programming, management and support are all falling on a minimal staff, which sounds likes mismanagement for a business such as yours).
                My suggestion would be for support staff to concentrate on support and learning your products. Programming staff should concentrate on this NEW web site project and most anybody (maybe management) can 'filter' users and clean up SPAM.
                Sorry to be so critical, but it seems to have been a long pattern with GSkill, that rather than actually address problems you provide excuses and promise followup that never seems to appear unless you are constantly hounded...and even then...quite often nothing happens.

Tman

Comment

I run a forum as well using phpbb3 and recently have had tons of spam
                  If you want to stop this you need to modify these boards and make the CAPTCHA more difficult for the bots to recognise
                  At the moment your CAPTCHA is too easy to break
                  Also you can get other addons for the forums that will make it more difficult for bots to register

Comment

More SPAM, this forum, from trartyfag, who posted at 9:07PM,
                    spotted this when I came on at 9:12.

Based on user listing at present is still on-line so may be posting more, (shame, if you had a moderator or two, people wouldn't have to look at this junk all night long).

I'm starting to lean towards Wildman95gst's comments above, I like the forums here, the people and having been basically doing this stuff for close to thirty years have a pretty good success rate with solving peoples problems, but the place is starting to get old, more and more GSkill just basically parrots my suggestions to people, and they don't 'read' the posts that users make, just yesterday in the DDR2 board they tell mARiote exactly what I told him about voltage and to set his timings to exactly 'what he said his timings were set at'. Then today with Raelf in DDR2, they ask for his platform which he had posted in detail (clear down to sound card and monitor (PS to Raelf, looks like a sweet system).

THis not reading the post and parroting the responses of others is ridiculous, they apparently have quit their actual testing of RAM/mobos and instead are just giving general response like "set your timings to the advertised and all should be be fine".

At times I sort of wonder why they even bother with these forums if they aren't going to provide actual support (their e-mail support is no better),

Phunky,
                    Don't think the bulk of what's appeared has been bots, if so they'd be getting hit more often. I do agree though they need to learn vBulletin. As far as spotting Spammers, one easy way to keep things in check is to put a temp hold on peoples first couple of posts or so so they don't appear until they've been checked by an Administrator or a moderator.....oops.....they have NO moderators....well they have '1', a guy who goes by Enjoy, who came out of no-where (i.e. didn't meet posted moderator criteria) and whose primary reason for being here was to promote his own website. I was told awhile back he had been removed....but he's still here, as a moderator, and never does anything.
                    Last edited by Tradesman; 06-23-2009, 09:28 PM.

Tman

Comment

Add Brightlight to the Spamming list, in the SSD forum, appearing conveniently after hours for GSkill staff. Strongly suggest not checking out his 'helpful' info...note the .ru in the link address. Well maybe it will get cleaned up during bankers hours Thurs.

Tman

Comment

yeah, forward that 'need moderators' part here. There's some spam here, although forums are quiet here to consider what I used to run on phpBB's couple years in other words 'hell haven't even started' when it goes to spamming.

Anyway, I trust that when this happens, if such they sure as hell will notice couple hundred, if not thousands of messages appearing all the suddenly.
                        "Sex is like freeware, shareware on weekends. When do we get to open source?" -TwL

Thanks AMD/ATI for banning legit customers who asks questions of your screw-ups:
                        http://i45.tinypic.com/30j0daq.png

Comment

Add JAKSONES all over, DDR, DDR2, DDR3, General Discussions, etc......No GSkill again today? Thought it was M-F 8-5....
                          Last edited by Tradesman; 06-29-2009, 02:51 PM.

Tman

Comment

Seems there's nice solution coming on this.

You can't be angry at Jaksones he had nice dresses lined up..
                            "Sex is like freeware, shareware on weekends. When do we get to open source?" -TwL

Thanks AMD/ATI for banning legit customers who asks questions of your screw-ups:
                            http://i45.tinypic.com/30j0daq.png

Comment

and wigs.....seems like we've been abandoned thoughhaven't seen but one Gskill post since early Fri, except for an RMA request today....and Jaksone still has a post in this forun with his/her dresses and wigs

Tman

Comment

Working...
                              X