X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dear all

It was my carelessness.
    I didn't check this FW again and again.
    I am sorry for making you so inconvenience and unhappy.
    I have already informed Sandforce this issue.
    I won't delete this thread because some of customers can upgrade properly.
    we will release new version FW 3 version as soon as possible.

thank you for your support
    Last edited by G.SKILL; 11-08-2010, 03:03 AM.

Comment

update now or later

I have 2 phoenix pro 120's in raid o would it be bettery to wait for revised version of 3.1 firmware. or update now as I am unable to deside.

Comment

Safe Mode

For those of you who are having trouble getting the firmware updater program to recognize your drive, have you tried putting Windows into Safe Mode before trying the update? I tried the update on two different machines (one an entirely Intel based micro-ATX) with no luck until I tried Safe Mode.

The update was successful.

It also solved my Blue-Screen-Of-Death when resuming from sleep problem, too. Perhaps that was S.M.A.R.T. related? The AHCI BIOS doesn't complain about a SMART failure on bootup now.

As with anything involving your data, make sure you back EVERYTHING up! All the time! I don't trust my computer any farther than I can spit a rat.
        i7 860, 8GB G.Skill DDR3, Gigabyte GA-P55-UD3L, Windows 7 Professional x64, Phoenix Pro 120GB, Radeon HD4670

Comment

Originally posted by FooDaddy View Post
          For those of you who are having trouble getting the firmware updater program to recognize your drive, have you tried putting Windows into Safe Mode before trying the update? I tried the update on two different machines (one an entirely Intel based micro-ATX) with no luck until I tried Safe Mode.
          Recognizing the drive seems to depend on the partition on it. I have 2 SSD with Sandforce SF-1200 Controller.

One (G.Skill) has 2 partitions, and was recognized with both updaters (G.Skill and Corsair, the updater seems to be the same, guess it is from Sandforce).

The other SSD (Corsair, Systemdrive) had originally 8 partitions: no chance to see the drive. After clearing the whole drive, the updater did recognize it by starting with UBCD4WIN (Ultimate Boot CD for Windows). After the update, i installed 3 partitons, 2 of them primary, the 3rd by error extended. The updater didn't recognize the drive by running from desktop. After i changed the extended partition to primary (having now 3 primary partitions), the updater found the drive under Windows.

So it seems to be a problem with the controller. Let's see what the future brings

EDIT:
          all under WinXP SP3 / AHCI: Intel RST 9.6.0.1014)
          Last edited by Delgado; 11-14-2010, 01:35 AM.
          Board: GA-Z77-D3H CPU: i5-3470 GPU: MSI GTX 660 FPB RAM: 2x4GB Kingston 1600 OS: Win 8 Pro 64 Cooling:[/size] SSD: Samsung 470 (128GB) * GSkill Phoenix Pro 120

Comment

Admin,

Wanted to thank you for releasing FW 3.1. There is only so much testing that can be done in a controlled environment. Eventually, it's good to release into the wider uncontrolled environment for true testing and feedback which makes for more robust subsequent updates and releases. Is it possible to have a limited beta firmware test program for end-users who can test releases on non-critical or secondary systems?

Thanks

Comment

SMART command failed

Hello guys, I have an Phoenix pro 120gb FM-25S2S-120GBP2 during boot it flashes "Smart command failed" during the AHCI hdd detection screen. The drive seems to work flawlessly apart from this. I have updated it to 3.1 (had to disable my anti virus to make it update). Any one have any ideas what is causing this.

Comment

Originally posted by notnek79 View Post
                "Smart command failed".
                I think your motherboard is the Gigabyte
                You can try update your motherboard BIOS

Comment

Originally posted by Wales View Post
                  I think your motherboard is the Gigabyte
                  You can try update your motherboard BIOS

You are correct it is a gigabyte GA-H55M-S2V, unfortunately it all ready has the latest bios on it. I have contacted gigabyte, wait and see what happens I guess.

Got the new firmware today f4c, all is good as gold now.
                  Last edited by notnek79; 11-15-2010, 12:40 AM.

Comment

Only display error
                    Use will not cause trouble
                    So take it easy
                    Wait for the arrival of Gigabyte Update

Comment

If it's old MB (MSI G31-P21) which has no AHCI mode in BIOS, is also able to update firmware? Thanks for any reply.

Comment

Hi hihila

I am sorry, we try to upgrade on IDE mode but it failed.
                        maybe you can try and provide me feedback.
                        if not work.
                        could you find other computer had AHCI mode then upgrade.
                        it would be faster.

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL View Post
                          Hi hihila

I am sorry, we try to upgrade on IDE mode but it failed.
                          maybe you can try and provide me feedback.
                          if not work.
                          could you find other computer had AHCI mode then upgrade.
                          it would be faster.
                          Hi, thanks for quick reply.
                          I did try update firmware but Windows froze up. It doesn't work. Is any other way to update? such as boot from DOS, CD-ROM or USB. I believe firmware updating is better under DOS or CD-ROM boot. Windows updating is more trouble if some apps affect it.

Comment

You could try to boot with UBCD4WIN (Ultimate Boot CD for Windows), or with Hirens Boot CD, and start the updater from there. Maybe that works.
                            Board: GA-Z77-D3H CPU: i5-3470 GPU: MSI GTX 660 FPB RAM: 2x4GB Kingston 1600 OS: Win 8 Pro 64 Cooling:[/size] SSD: Samsung 470 (128GB) * GSkill Phoenix Pro 120

Comment

Not usable with latest Intel IrST drivers???

let me get this straight:

If you have the most current version of Intel IRST drivers you should NOT use this firmware update because it will ruin for OS install?

If this is true, don't you think it would be a good idea to modify your original post to reflect that?

Am I misunderstanding, or is this right? Can anyone comment on their experience with this that has IRST drivers from Intel, latest version 10?

Comment

No drive detected

I installed Win7 64 on an EFI system, i.e. GPT disk with an EFI partition + primary partition. It is an Intel DG45FC board. I tried MS ACHI driver, running as admin, safe mode, running the flash program on a separate USB, putting the ssd to another PC, however with no luck. It says "No drives found!"
                                Now I have to wait for a better flash program to come.

Comment

Working...
                                X