Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vaca View Post
    Titus,
    could you attached some snapshot or describe some message you seen?
    That we may infer some possible causes about your case.
    I get the exact same screenshots you posted up to Step 6...after I click 'Y' to continue the next page never fully loads up where I can select my hard drive...I havn't tried using a USB flash drive and only tried with a floppy

I have a G.Skill Falcon 1 256GB SSD and an ASUS P6X58D Premium motherboard

Comment

OK, maybe you could try the USB instead of floppy.
      And remind you that set SATA as IDE and compatible mode, and plug your SSD to SATA port 0~4 would be much stable.
      Good luck and let us know the result.

Comment

Hi There...

can anyone tell about their live-exprience how long this secure erase lasts for a phoenix pro 120GB ?

- several hours?
        - a few minutes?
        - or whatever ;-)

Thanks.

Comment

a few seconds to a few minutes~
          Depend on your platform.

Comment

I have same problem as konig (step 9).
            I tried it many times but nothing change (SATA configuration: Compatible, SATA Configure as IDE...)
            System: ASUS P5Q PRO TURBO, E3110, G.Skill 60GB Phoenix Pro.
            What's wrong with me?
            P.S: how to setup this with MSI H55M-P33?
            Last edited by tranngocminh; 07-27-2010, 07:40 AM.

Comment

hi there.... i made a win98 bootdisk.iso for my cdrom including hdderase.exe

i did follow the instructions of the hdderase thread here, but when i reach the drive-selection screen all 4 Ports show "NONE" there is NO disk listed ...

Yes, i did switch to IDE native mode in bios first ...

same issue when i use a dos6.22 bootable image with hdderase....

i am out of ideas....

Comment

Read manual of your motherboard to check if your SSD connet to the native ATA Port controllerd by motherboard's southbridge, it may be printed "SATA0" or "SATA1" on the motherboard. And make sure to configure SATA to "IDE compatible" mode in BIOS then continue to run HDDerase.

Comment

The Phoenix is plugged into SATA_0 and also on IDE mode in BIOS...

Comment

Connect the SSD as a slave.

My best regards

Comment

It looks some motherboards not compatible with HDDerase.
                      I'll find some other tools to do this function and post later.

Comment

It looks some motherboards not compatible with HDDerase.
                        I'll find some other tools to do this function and post later.
                        hi

@Vaca did you find another tool to do this function?

Comment

Sorry for the long waiting.
                          i think that GParted may work.
                          i'll post the guide this week.

Comment

umm.. forgive me but i dont understand why ya'll are putting up w/ hDDerase and all its issues, why not use other tools w/ secure erase feature.. there are tons out there.. im using paragon Disk manager , also equipped w/ a secure eraser.. you can download trial version and run it just to do so if u wish, there's also bootable version ..

is HDDerase really that unique/best for this? i dont' see why ya'll are sticking to this good, but, primitive tool.. having to deal w/ flash drives, or floppies etc.. lolz

heck i have a Hiren's BootCD w/ a few good drive cleaners as well.

or i could be totally missing something here.... besides the fact that HDDErase taps into the HDD's native secure eraser, but so does the other tools out there.. hmmm...
                            Intel Q9550 E0 @ 4.0Ghz 24/7OC
                            Maximus II Formula
                            2x2GB Team Dark 1066mhz
                            Primary: 74GB WD Raptor (Insert FALCON here)
                            Storage:
                            1TB WD Black-BackUp Drive
                            1TB SAMSUNG F1-Entertainment Drive
                            500GB WD 2.5" via External Silverstone MS05 (Work Drive)
                            PALIT GTX285
                            Gigabyte Odyn Pro 800w
                            Coolermaster Cosmos 1000 Chassis

Comment

Hi BrownChild,
                              Thanks for your suggestion.
                              I use HDDerase to do secure erase SSD because it is a free tool, and post another guide to do secure erase w/ Gparted.
                              I recommend users these tools just because they are free to use.
                              If you could share with us how you use the ohter tools to secure erase, and further, you could post some guides.
                              Your kindly help is appreciated.

Comment

Hi BrownChild,
                                Thanks for your suggestion.
                                I use HDDerase to do secure erase SSD because it is a free tool, and post another guide to do secure erase w/ Gparted.
                                I recommend users these tools just because they are free to use.
                                If you could share with us how you use the ohter tools to secure erase, and further, you could post some guides.
                                Your kindly help is appreciated.

ahh ..well the FREE thing makes sense.. although i believe there are other free win32 based tools..

quick google and i found
                                http://hddguru.com/software/2006.04.13-HDD-Wipe-Tool/
                                - w/c is windows based
                                http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/s.../bb897443.aspx
                                - w/c is command line tool but can be ran w/in windows..

or one can download TRIAL VERSION just to secure erase..

There are soo many many options there.. and I will gladly post a guide for you all, but i wanted to confirm first that my theory is right and there is NOTHING SPECIAL w/ HDDErase and GPARTED when it comes to wiping the drive back to factory state.. same banana right? - this is what i still dont know .. although i tried gparted and my choice paragon and have gotten similar results..

and w/ GPARTED , the erasure was INSTANT when i tried it.. didnt even take a second.. w/c was weird.. but i read an explanation somewhere about it.. still despite this.. the END RESULT is still the same banana right? HDD Wiped clean? filled w/ Zeros? or what?
                                Intel Q9550 E0 @ 4.0Ghz 24/7OC
                                Maximus II Formula
                                2x2GB Team Dark 1066mhz
                                Primary: 74GB WD Raptor (Insert FALCON here)
                                Storage:
                                1TB WD Black-BackUp Drive
                                1TB SAMSUNG F1-Entertainment Drive
                                500GB WD 2.5" via External Silverstone MS05 (Work Drive)
                                PALIT GTX285
                                Gigabyte Odyn Pro 800w
                                Coolermaster Cosmos 1000 Chassis

Comment

Working...
                                X