• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When the firm 1916???

Gskill are often late!!!
    When the new firm arrived?

Crucial have it!!!

I hope go 1571 to 1916!!!

Not only Crucial... Supertalent released the FW 1916 too. It is the same situation as with FW 1819. I am sure, G.SKILL will release new firmware in the near future, you have to wait...

Comment

I didn't even realize there was a new firmware...are people hearing good things about this new firmware?...I'm still on 1571 and am waiting for a new firmware that matches the performance of 1571 with the TRIM feature of 1819...is 1916 that good?

Comment

Release Notes for Firmware 1916

* Fixed issue that sometimes causes firmware download problem
        * Fixed issue that could cause 256GB to be corrupted
        * Eliminated performance degradation over time with Wiper with 1819 FW
        * Fixed issue where the power cycle count was incorrectly being reported with 1819 FW
        * Fixed issue where some SATA 1 hosts weren’t correctly identifying the hardware
        * Fixed issue found in simulation (not in the field) where the free block count was incorrectly being reported
        * Fixed issue with remaining life not being properly displayed on SMART information
        * Added support for additional NAND manufactures and capacities
        * Made further improvements to wear leveling algorithm

I want it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Firmware 1916 feedback Crucial thread:

http://forums.crucial.com/t5/Solid-S...read/td-p/8919

Comment

sounds like an awesome firmware...no performance drops like with 1819...I hope it will be made available for the Falcon 1 drives and not only the newer Falcon 2's

Comment

The supertalent has gc on the FW update

Comment

OCZ have their version of this now too (1.5)

Come on G.Skill, give us an update on when we can expect it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by attempt2 View Post
                  OCZ have their version of this now too (1.5)

Come on G.Skill, give us an update on when we can expect it!!!
                  judging by G.Skill's track record on releasing firmware it might be another month or so

but I gotta give G.Skill credit because they always do extensive testing before releasing any new firmware...with firmware 1819 OCZ, SuperTalent etc released the FW pretty quickly but ran into many issues forcing them to pull the firmware and re-release it a few times...with G.Skill you can expect a solid, stable FW when they do decide to release it...I'd rather have a stable firmware versus a quick release one for the sake of keeping up with OCZ

Comment

I hope that coming quickly.

Comment

I doubt it will be any time soon. I think I am going to flash my Falcons to the OCZ 1.5 firmware, then I know I will have GC working in Raid0.

Comment

Originally posted by Griffyj View Post
                        I doubt it will be any time soon. I think I am going to flash my Falcons to the OCZ 1.5 firmware, then I know I will have GC working in Raid0.
                        can u use ocz's firmware for a falcon ssd?

Comment

Originally posted by Xodus View Post
                          can u use ocz's firmware for a falcon ssd?

Check this thread out.

www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=2487

Comment

Yes i hope there will be a 1916.

Ive tested many times all i can say that trim doesnt work successfully
                            without Performance Degradation.

The Drive is getting slower i have Original AHCI Microsoft Drivers in use.

The Garbage Collection internal is much better i think.

Comment

I wish someone from G.Skill would at least make some kind of comment on the status of the 1916 firmware...1916 sounds very good and I'm sure requires very little tweaking unlike FW 1819...this should not be taking so long to release

either way some kind of target release date announcement would be very helpful

Comment

Working...
                              X