G.SKill Falcon firmware V1819

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lostmage View Post
    so there confident enough for it to work on new retail drives, yet unable to post a quick thread with a couple of download links or attachments of the firmware, this is quite sad still

very frustrating indeed... WTF ?

Comment

Firmware V1819 is up at supertalent , BUT there is a WARNING :

Updating the Firmware may erase all data in the SSD. Please back up all your data before upgrading the firmware.
      We won't recommend customers to upgrade the firmware if the drives work properly on your computers.

---------

you should read that thread, it seem to be quite a perilous enterprise to flash to 1815, not sure if I really want it.

If we read the PDF about the firmware specs, it's quite extensive..

http://www.supertalent.com/home/foru...3&t=1579#p3259

I recommend to wait for Gskill's firmware , this post is for information only.... think twice before flashing your SDD with another company's firmware not tested on Gskill's ssd.

on the other forum , someone said :Hi there, I have a kind of a problem, PRT is running slower on all drives, but more important my 32 GB Model is also slower than before the upgrade. My 64 GB Model has the same speed than before upgrading. Before the upgrade the speed was nearly identical of the two drives, now it isn't.

--- and his speed benchmark are lower than my Gskill falcon with the 1571----

another member wrote : so, i successfully update to 1819, but raid do not support trim. Then another one wrote :
      It should support raid trim but only if you use the win7 original MS driver and not the intel raid driver thingy.

___ so , mixed comments and not much speed increase___
      Last edited by sirius69; 10-23-2009, 07:01 PM. Reason: warning

Comment

^^ we are not talking about speed increase. Its all about the decrease of the speed as time goes on. We raid users need something that will help us as we cannot run trim in raid. So we need this Garbage Collection firmware.

Comment

single drive users also would like this firmware because of the native TRIM support...no need to run Wiper anymore

Comment

Thought I'd add this, I have just installed W7 and have a 128 Falcon, I enabled trim in W7 (complicated so search Google use "fsutil") W7 now sends trim commands to my Falcon without complaint.

CrystalDiskInfo shows my Falcon as trim compliant so I can't confirm if trim is working but nothing is broken yet and a new file appeared in the root directory called bootwiz, this maybe a normal W7 folder but I did not notice it before.

Windows 7 ultimate X64 AHCI 128 Falcon latest firmware

David

Comment

There is no need to manualy turn on TRIM function in Windows 7. If Windows 7 detects SSD drive in the system, TRIM will be automatic enabled. But if you have no TRIM capable firmware in your SSD (Falcon firmware v1571 doesn?t support TRIM function) you can?t use the benefits of TRIM function. Windows 7 sends the TRIM command, but the SSD can?t receive the command.

Comment

Well it'll be right when the new firmware is released

Comment

^^ "WHEN" could be another year away if ever. stuck with the 1571 for some time now and no new FW yet so i don't have high hopes. OH well i still got sanitary erase.

Comment

Originally posted by macdaddy View Post
                    ^^ "WHEN" could be another year away if ever. stuck with the 1571 for some time now and no new FW yet so i don't have high hopes. OH well i still got sanitary erase.
                    In an email reply from tech support, they told me that the update is likely to be the end of this month, beginning of next. Not long so hold tight.

Comment

thank you kind sir/madam ( is that right ha ha)

Comment

it really fate or not? not because I intend to buy another 120GB, and saw it as a train rather than use a falcon I'm going to buy may be a crucial M225

going to wait 6 months to install my Windows 7 that will move GSKill

Comment

Windows 7 DVD is more than one week now on my desk!
                          when the new firmware with RAID support will not release soon, i'll sell the 2 SSDs.
                          Because then all the very well news about the g.skill products was big fault taken me to the decision buying falcon ssd. better to correct this now and losing a couple of euros.

not a good start building trust in g.skill products.

Comment

I'm sure that you will find someone to buy them quickly

Comment

Originally posted by gingerbee View Post
                              thank you kind sir/madam ( is that right ha ha)
                              Only madam on the weekends

Comment

I mostly see that you guys have problems because of RAID, any other problems or this is it ?

Comment

Working...
                                X