Oc timings for g.skill ripjaws z series 16gb ddr3 2133

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oc timings for g.skill ripjaws z series 16gb ddr3 2133

I'd like to get a bit more juice out of these, possibly to 2400, but I'm not sure about what I've got to tweak because the bios on my new MB looks more complicated than my previous one. I've already OC the CPU but have some doubts about the memory.

Set up:

P9X79 PRO
    i7 3820 OC to 4.4Ghz
    Ripjaws Z Series 16GB DDR3 2133
    GeForce GTX 680 4gb
    Samsung SSD 840 PRO
    Corsair H60 Liquid CPU Cooler

I'd appreciate it if anyone could help me out with the timings etc. Thanks.

Can you please tell us the model number of your kit?
    Have your tried optimizing timings and vdimm for 2133 already?
    Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Thanks for your reply, I think the model nº is F3-17000CL9-4GBZH (4 x 4gb).
      I tried some dodgy tweaking before and it wouldn't boot, don't think I've tried what you said, but have a look at a couple of my screen shots. Cheers.
      Attached Files

Comment

Try going for ddr2400 and adjusting the timings to 10-12-11-31-2

and see if it will possibly boot then. Usually to go up another level you have to loosen the timings a bit, maybe even try 11-12-11-32-2 and if it works try lowering some of the numbers... I'd also make sure the voltage is at least 1.65 for Vdram,

I'm not sure enough of the higher end kits to know if its safe to go above 1.65 or not so get someone to confirm before bumping it... Also try rasing vcore a notch or two. But I bet if you loosen the timings and set it to 2400 it'll at least boot
        ASUS P8Z77-V LK / I5 3350P / 2X F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL Running @ 1866mhz / MSI GTX760 TF

Comment

Thanks for your advice, got it at 10-12-11-31-2 plus no voltage increase, like you said, & it booted first time.

Comment

Now is where you need an emisary or tradesman, they can give you a better idea of where to tweak from there, best bet is drop command rate from 2->1 and maybe other number from 12->11, i have no idea what secindary/tertiary timings help much
            ASUS P8Z77-V LK / I5 3350P / 2X F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL Running @ 1866mhz / MSI GTX760 TF

Comment

Can try raising DRAM voltage + 0.05 and try CR at 1T or possible even drop CL to 9 (jt down current settings for fallback)...I'd stick with the slight DRAM advance initially, then can try a little help with a rise of the MC voltage if needed

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
              X