Z87 Sabertooth with XMP profile enabled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z87 Sabertooth with XMP profile enabled

I cant seem to get the XMP profile to load and be stable on my z87. It overclocks my CPU to 4.3Ghz. Is that normal? It isn't stable enough to take a screen shot of CPUz.

Model of the motherboard: Z87 Sabertooth Bios 1205
    Model of the memory: F3-1866C9D-16GSR 8192x2
    Model of the CPU: i7 4770K

My settings are attached.
    Attached Files

I forgot to add, everything works fine on default settings at ram speeds of 1333mhz.

Comment

I would check back with ASUS about that. Never encountered such behavior with my Maximus V Extreme. Never had the Sabertooth Z87 though, maybe that is a model specific "feature" (bug).

You could also manually set the original cpu and turbo FIDs, until there is a fix available.
      Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Do you have the latest BIOS? They've been working on the DRAM settings, else might raise DRAM voltage + 0.04

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Yup, 1205 is the latest. I will try that, but i think my processor doesnt like to run at 4.3ghz.

Comment

Solved

I contacted Asus support and they advised me to disable the enhanced C1E under the CPU Power Manangement Configuration under the CPU Configuration in the bios.

XMP profile now loads.

Comment

Glad to hear all is well

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
              X